black sheep squadron- the final season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Growler, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Growler

Growler Auditioning

Let's pool some money together and buy those masters. I'm annoyed.

2. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    I feel your pain as i am huge Baa Baa Sheep fan and have both v1/v2 on dvd. I was hoping this show would be completed. I also like to see 12'o clock high released as well. I am not a big fan of war, but i am history buff that likes understanding the cause/effect of war. I also like to pick up combat when my budget dollars free up as it is another great war tv series.

3. kingfish

kingfish Screenwriter

this might be some good news. metv is airing season 2. i believe one of the episodes airing this week is the hawk flies on sunday. this means that the masters were not destroyed in the fire.

4. LeoA

LeoA Screenwriter

Leo
    How does it prove that? Are they advertising that this showing of season 2 is from new transfers from the original elements?

5. Jack P

Jack P Producer

"Masters" is not the right term, because the fire destroyed the older "transfers" that were being used for cable airings of certain shows. If a cable channel is still airing Black Sheep Squadron S2 then that means there was still a set available even after the fire. I doubt Universal had a new set of transfers done post-fire unless they were paid for.

6. kingfish

kingfish Screenwriter

that was what i was going for. at least the show survived the fire.

7. LeoA

LeoA Screenwriter

Leo
    It was out on DVD before the fire anyways. So even if it had been lost and they didn't deem it cost effective to go back to original sources and strike up new transfers, I imagine that it wouldn't of been a deterrent to a potential region 1 DVD release.

Too bad that it's only a single season. 3rd party publishers that pick up profitable properties that aren't quite viable enough for the owner's taste to release themselves directly, seem to prefer shows with a significant amount of the run unavailable.

Between that and Universal busying themselves with rereleases for tv on DVD these days, this one looks set to slip through the cracks.

8. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Shout has released other titles that only needed one season to finish their runs (Hardy Boys, SWAT) so it's a little surprising this didn't occur to them (better that than reissuing a completed series on DVD as they've done with a couple other titles).

9. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    I would love to see Garrison Gorillas, 12'O clock High and of course Baa Baa Sheep completed or released. I am history buff as such I love any shows that are loosely based on historical events!

10. JamesSmith

JamesSmith Screenwriter

My wishes exactly, james

11. Scott511

Scott511 Stunt Coordinator

Scott