What's new

Black Hawk Down SE Announced June 3rd (1 Viewer)

Declan

Second Unit
disc 1 and 2 are the same as the r2 as far as i can tell.

Disc 3 will be where the stuff that was'nt on the UK version...... but I think that the BHD trailers will be on this disc as well (there were none at all on the r2).

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I don't think the "Ambush In Mogadishu" documentary is on the R2 version. Not sure though.

Declan

Second Unit
no thats on disc 3. Think the specs for the r1 are 99% the same as the Belguim 3 disc version. With the exception of a few more trailers (may be more BHD or Columbia trailers).

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm also a fan of the teaser poster. The new one doesn't bother me too much, but the teaser art would be fantastic.

Brett Sheppard

Auditioning
Personally, I am looking forward to the History Channel and PBS documentaries almost just as much as the movie itself (which I am a big fan of and waited quite long enough for as I skipped the previous DVD). The History Channel documentary is a perfect compliment to the movie, although I haven't seen the PBS one. I can understand some people's complaints about lack of DTS but these documentaries make the SE totally worth it for me (and I usually don't really care for documentaries). At least in the case of this SE, we knew when the first DVD came out that this would eventually be released.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
The new one doesn't bother me too much
My mini-rant aside, I agree its not as bad as some of Sonys special edition dvd covers where they just paste every head onto the cover art... Glory and In the Line of Fire come to mind. And at least it fits with a theme, i.e., Eversman in a helicopter on his way into the Mog.

-- Matt

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i don't like the cover. i'd rather have the multi-faced one then a cover that implies the movie's about one guy. this was a true ensemble cast. the movie's about comraderie (yes, as well as personal experiences).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Gotta love that Oscar blurb. Could the fonts be any more different in size?

WINNER OF 2 ACADEMY AWARDS!
Best Sound, Best Editing
:laugh:

Coressel

Supporting Actor
I don't like the cover either. The film is not about pretty-boy what's-his-name. Why couldn't they just do a shot from the movie, or a cool shot of one of the Black Hawks in action?

I guess it's time for me to learn some photoshop skills!

:angry:

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Uh, there's new ALIEN announcments, THELMA & LOUISE special editions re-dos, LEGEND multi-disc sets, and now yet another release: a super duper special edition of BLACKHAWK DOWN.

So, where's BLADE RUNNER? Where's 1492?

I'm just askin, is all.

MC

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Matt, that's a great cover

Blade Runner has been in production for quite some time, they'd love to get it out for Xmas but it's real iffy at this point which way it'll go

1492 I haven't heard anything about

Declan

Second Unit
I know that they wanted to have a different cover.... "so all the stupid people would'nt buy the wrong one"

But...

....that image of Hartnett just looks crap. Thank God it's not a LD......can you image what size his head would be then.

The teaser would be perfect. And at the minute it is the artwork for the 3 disc version in other countries.

Columbia better sort out their art dept. Someones very over paid.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Anyone have any idea of what kind of packaging this will be
I hope it is not a digipak. I'll be buying this version as extras are important to me. If a SuperBit comes out later, I'll think about a purchase depending on how the sound on this DVD set sounds to me.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
What a great package this release looks to be. I don't love that cover either, but at least the color scheme is roughly true to the film art. Ironic that a film criticized at times for not getting personal enough with any one character features a DVD cover with one prominently placed character.

The teaser poster is awesome.

Colin-H

Second Unit
That cover art (in fact, the packaging in general) is atrocious. I’d accept it if this were the original barebones release, but I expect more from a special edition. See: Pearl Harbor Director’s Cut, LotR:EE. This is not that much different from the original art; just a different photo/composite. (It even retains the stupid line, “A :star::star::star::star: knockout.” That’s just rude.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks