What's new

Black Hawk Down: Extended Cut (6/6/06) (1 Viewer)

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Hello,

while searching the Internet I found some interesting news in a German dvd-board called cinefacts. There was a thread about an Extended Cut of Ridley Scott's movie Black Hawk Down. It says, that this DVD will be released on the 6th of June and that there is an announcement in a big online shop called axelmusic.
Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to post any links until I've reached fifteen posts and therefore you must search the site on your own (the announcement is still on the welcome page).
May be there is someone in this board who has more info's about this DVD?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
If this does happen, it sounds like a cheap money grab to me.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
3 discs wasn't enough?

Great film, though. I'll try to put up a review if this version makes it to the US.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Unless this is uncut... I'm sure the MPAA cut the film to ribbons. About ten minutes of gore sounds about right, if consistant with their other practices.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Remember this is Ridley Scott, the master of unnecessary DVD director's cuts! He will probably apologize or disown the cut on the DVD itself! .....again! :D

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Unless there is a history of Scott bemoaning that his directorial vision on this film has been compromised, this version, at this time is just plain ignorant. This should of been in the 3 disc ultimate edition.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
I'm completely happy with my 3 discer. I'll pass on this unnecessary ploy to separate me from more of my money.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
We get another version of Black Hawk Down, but we can't get BLADE RUNNER... ahhhhh... the world is just not fair.

James Ryfun

Stunt Coordinator
What I already know about this release, is that it's simply just a single disc version of the film with only one of the bonus features from the 3 disc set, the same transfer (albeit with approx 7 minutes of extra footage), and the same 5.1 sound. No dts track.

If you already own the 3 disc set, don't even consider this release. Unless of course you feel 7 minutes of footage is worth 20 dollars.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Unless I'm mistaken, those seven minutes are also included on the original 3-discer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks