What's new

Black Friday Sales (1 Viewer)

EricTB

Stunt Coordinator
I Didn't see these advertised in Target's ad.

Target
$17.88 each:
Family Guy: Season 3 - Volume 2
Laguna Beach: The Complete First Season
Sex and the City: Season 6: Part 2
That 70's Show: Season 3
The Simpsons: Season 6

Nevermind I found them. They were on the back of the ad, duh!

Andrew JC

Stunt Coordinator

Gregg, Staples has 1GB for $40 AR and 2GB $80 no rebates. Sorry don't know if you can get it online.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I just got a too-good-to-be-true deal, but it happened. Must be a glitch.

I bought seasons 5 and 6 of Seinfeld at Circuit City. Season 5 rang up at the advertised price of $29.99, but Season 6 rang up as "Seinfeld bonus disc" -- price $0!!!

Early Christmas for me. :D

Anyone else buy seasons 5 and 6 at Circuit City? Maybe this will happen to you too.

This was one the purchases I planned to make during black friday, but not anymore.

Is that $400 HP laptop from WalMart any good?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Added Circuit City DVDs and Wal-mart titles on sale in post #16

You can order the Best Buy DVD deals online right now (but you won't get the $3.99 early bird price, but they are $5.99 each online).

Allen_Kir

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know what the "Select Other DVD Box Sets " on the TARGET ad are??

I was realy wishing some of the WB shows would be on sale:frowning:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Though regional, Fry's has a nice deal on both season 1 sets of "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives" for $23.99 each!

They also are going to have 20 titles for $2.99 each, including "Collateral" and "Shrek"

This is a 1-day sale on Friday, starting at 5 a.m. local time.

Here's the ad from the west coast

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Here is the Frys ad for the Dallas/FortWorth area.

DFW Frys

No DVD deals listed but a few nice electronic.

Harman Kardon AVR-335 $399 (reg $699)
Portable DVD player $67
Progressive DVD player $14

Chris S.

Galen_V

Second Unit
Some nice prices on TV shows--I personally implore anyone who hasn't seen Arrested Development to pick up the two seasons, especially at those prices. It'll be the best money you spend all year (and by far the best bargain).

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I'm not sure if this will work everywhere but the last two years the "Black Friday" deals at Wal-Mart started at midnight. If your store is open 24 hours you might want to call and ask so you don't have to wait in line for hours. Wal-Mart lists their deals as starting at 5am but for the past couple I've gotten there around 1am and the prices were the same.

It felt good being the only person in the store and being able to actually "shop around" on the BF deals.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've read that there are already lines formed at the Electronics dept. at some Wal-Mart SuperCenters, just waiting for the BF sale to commence. I guess the $378 laptop proved too enticing for some people (in my area, they've been airing commercials spotlighting a few very low price items to lure folks to their stores bright and early tomorrow).

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
If you check Circuit City and Best Buy, Both also have good laptop deals too, but BEWARE the CC laptop deal for $199 requires you to sign a 1 yr deal with AOL! Looks like the best laptop deal this year is Best Buy @ $379 for a TOSHIBA w/ wireless and a nice video card too...

I looked at the $1k plasmas too but think I will hold off one more year, those no name brands scare me.

BTW-anyone see the neat glossy SAM'S club B/F ad in todays paper, first rate. Some nice prices too but nothing to run in there at 5am, IMHO.

raulC

Grip

I saw that too...then I noticed "Limit 10 per store" so yeah, I don't know if i'd risk it. I'm going to try the Wal-Mart one instead, hopefully there will be alot more than 10.

raulC

Grip
Yeah, I just went and looked at it again and now it says minimum. Hmmm...I coulda SWORN it said "Limit" before...guess I was mistaken.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

That's why I went there this afternoon, had a friend who works there get me one from the back and I went and hid it where no one could find it. :D

I guess it's going store by store but there wasn't any signs saying they were closing during the late hours. I should be in bed right now but I'm going to head out there around 2am.

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
Ah Black Friday is here once again, always nice to stock up on either those B-Titles or cheapie titles for your collection that manage to have slip your grip before...

For Me

Best Buy:
Catch Me If You Can
Apollo 13
24 Season 3
Van Morrison: moon dance
Black Sabbath Paranoid
VEry Best Ray Charles

And even though it's not on the list i just found out about it, King Kong CE Box Set at BB

CC:
Swordfish
Blade Runner
Wag the Dog
Spy Game
Sideways
Ice Age
Young Guns
Nirvana Silver Tapes
Johnny Cash Legend

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Hmmm, I'd really like to pick up a few of those $3.44 dvds from Walmart, but don't want to be around the crowds. The shipping costs from ordering online kinda make the sale pointless. Anyone know if the crowds have settled down in Walmarts by say, 7:00PM? I doubt it, but just wondering.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just for laughs, since I was going to swing by CompUSA, who's having their 24-hour BF start at 11:59 p.m. Thursday to midnight Friday, I drove around the other stores (I happen to live within 5 miles of most of the popular stores. (BTW, the check-out lines at CompUSA were ridiculously long, and all the deals were in the hands of those patiently waiting in line.)

In between 12:30 a.m. and 1:15 a.m. there are some hardcore bargain hunters camping out. Circuit City had around 30 people waiting, Best Buy had 25 people lined up, Fry's had around 15 people braving the all-nighter, Micro Center only had 5 people (probably since they have a small handful of the $299 laptops up for grabs), Target had no one in line. My Wal-Mart SuperCenter was open, and was still moving stuff around, didn't see any of the hot items out in the aisles yet, but I expect that to change in the next few hours. If I wanted to, I could have loitered around for their $379 laptop, but I want to sleep...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks