What's new

BJ and the Bear (1 Viewer)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Ron1973 said:
My sentiments exactly, Frank! At this point, I would settle for off the shelf syndication tape transfers. I know this was being syndicated in this area in the late 80's/early 90's but I haven't saw it since then on TV. I would desperately love to ditch my DVD's in favor of an official release.

As for our "new" poster who claims there are scans of the show, I call pooey. If the case was that they were afraid to give us new HD transfers, nothing would be HD from Universal. Netflix is offering Quincy, M.E., Emergency!, The A-Team and other shows in a very stunning HD transfer.

The problem with B.J. and the Bear is the fact that no one has saw it in probably 20+ years. It's been out of syndication since the 90's I believe; if someone can correct me on that, feel free to do so! Unless you get a ME-TV or someone of that nature to pay for transfers, we're sunk I'm afraid.

I can't speak for B.J. (last time I remember seeing it was on basic cable in the mid '80s), but The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo was apparently on either Goodlife or RTV in recent years, as I recall seeing it in the "shows list" of one of those two websites.

So, if transfers don't exist of B.J., there should at least be some of Lobo floating around.

I actually have three off-air recordings (the original NBC run) of second-season Lobo (with original commercials) that I found on some old VHS tapes for a buck apiece at a flea market!

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Weren't there only two seasons? And weren't they markedly different?

Like I said before I have vague memories of the show but just sorta remember season two a lot of changes made to try and increase viewer numbers.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
bretmaverick2 said:
Weren't there only two seasons? And weren't they markedly different?

Like I said before I have vague memories of the show but just sorta remember season two a lot of changes made to try and increase viewer numbers.
Three seasons and the last season did "jump the shark" to an extent when he hired the lady truckers. It's still worth watching though.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Ron1973 said:
Three seasons and the last season did "jump the shark" to an extent when he hired the lady truckers. It's still worth watching though.

Some may see that as "jumping the shark". Others (like me) see that as a welcome increase in the "eye candy" quotient!

Lobo also had a drastic overhaul in its final season. Although I liked the two sexy lady detectives, the change in location did more to hurt the show than help it, IMO.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AndyMcKinney said:
Some may see that as "jumping the shark". Others (like me) see that as a welcome increase in the "eye candy" quotient!

Lobo also had a drastic overhaul in its final season. Although I liked the two sexy lady detectives, the change in location did more to hurt the show than help it, IMO.
Ha! I did find Lobo's relocation to be odd. How is a backwoods rube policeman going to find his way to the big city along with Perkins? It would have been akin to sending Roscoe P. Coltrane and Boss Hogg!

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Radioman970 said:
Peaches and Honey? is that right? :D

Peaches and Brandy (I almost instinctively replied Peaches and Herb). For those who are interested, the actress playing Peaches pretty much dropped out of showbiz after this show, apart from a couple guest spots on TV.

Tara Buckman (the actress playing Brandy) hung around quite awhile longer, though it did involve transitioning into nude roles in R-rated sex comedies ("The Marilyn Diaries" for instance).

M

mpivid

AndyMcKinney said:
I can't speak for B.J. (last time I remember seeing it was on basic cable in the mid '80s), but The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo was apparently on either Goodlife or RTV in recent years, as I recall seeing it in the "shows list" of one of those two websites.

So, if transfers don't exist of B.J., there should at least be some of Lobo floating around.

I actually have three off-air recordings (the original NBC run) of second-season Lobo (with original commercials) that I found on some old VHS tapes for a buck apiece at a flea market!
those are the hd transfers on hard drives LOBO & BJ AND BEAR EXISTS TOO - despite face UNIVERSAL pretends like they dont exist.

it has do with the lawsuit creator made against them and fact the money UNIVERAL got from that fire, is being hidden

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mpivid said:
those are the hd transfers on hard drives LOBO & BJ AND BEAR EXISTS TOO - despite face UNIVERSAL pretends like they dont exist.

it has do with the lawsuit creator made against them and fact the money UNIVERAL got from that fire, is being hidden
I'd love to buy some ocean front property in Arizona as well....

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mpivid said:
you a NB beliver huh - I belive in facts not malarkey
Show me something more than 12 posts on a new account, ya know, something like facts. I can sit and spout stuff all day long but if I don't have concrete proof, it's nothing. I also believe you've been asked to display your real name as well. You've been here before and been banned.

M

mpivid

Ron1973 said:
Show me something more than 12 posts on a new account, ya know, something like facts. I can sit and spout stuff all day long but if I don't have concrete proof, it's nothing. I also believe you've been asked to display your real name as well. You've been here before and been banned.
Common sense and info obtained by friends in the industry and how many posts a person has does not mean squat about credability as wackos here think.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
mpivid said:
Common sense and info obtained by friends in the industry and how many posts a person has does not mean squat about credability as wackos here think.

saying you have creds and actually having it are 2 different things. none of us believe you. so start from there...

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
mpivid said:

Prove it.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
The whole thread is pure idiocy IMO. Maybe this guy is telling the truth or maybe he is full of it. None of us really know for sure but the bottom line is we should stop alowing him to bait us into name calling and arguements. He's clearly getting off on it. If the show is announced for release in the future, we will know it, but falling into his trap of arguing his facts and identity serves no purpose but to entertain him so my suggestion would be to refrain from responding to his challenges and let's stick to talk about classic DVD releases.

That being said, my whole opinion on this guy can be summed up by simply saying (for all you Parks and Rec fans) , He could be part of the classic Pawnee radio DJ team of Crazy Ira and the ..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks