What's new

Bionic Woman season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez

I thought it only healed the parts that were replaced. If so, why was most f her face still bruised except around the eye that was replaced? I dunno, seems inconsistent to me. I can understand if the flesh was able to heal more quickly so her bruises should have healed first but her bone healed pretty fast.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The only unpleasant thing about the show was how loud the music was. It overpowered the dialogue in a couple scenes. Tone that down and I'll be a happy camper. Something about that final fight in the rain was way cool. I loved when Sarah called time out and time in.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Did the episode start early for anyone else? If so, is this going to be normal for this show? That really threw me from the start, missing the first minute or two.

Two things that interfered with the show's "reality":
- The boyfriend's car is flipped and wrapped around a light pole. Jamie nearly dies. But her doctor not only walks away from it, but is doing complex surgery within the hour. :confused: Unless he's also bionic, it makes no sense at all.

- Sarah Corvis, Bionicer Woman, more jackup up the Jamie and much more experienced, can't properly check to make sure the doctor's dead. And can barely hold her own in a fight with Jamie? Again, if the super-villain is this incompetent, life's going to be easy for Jamie.

I enjoyed seeing Chief (from BSG) in his cameo. The sister didn't bother me: her motivations were clear: she was dumped by her dad into her older sister's care. Their Mom is gone? That will lead to a pissy, aggrevated teenager pretty easily.

The show has potential. But it didn't nail it from the get go.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
It didn't start early for me.

The episode had some inconsistencies for me but overall I still enjoyed it. I actually like the dark tone over a fun and light tone.

Will definitely stick with it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think the other girl would have probably been more interesting, but she wasn't nearly as bad as I thought and her resemblance to the lead actress is striking. The hacker angle is interesting. I look forward to see where they take that.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Also bear in mind that Corvis (or Corvus as the latest promo materials are spelling her name) was not fighting to win. She baited Jaime to the rooftop to size her abilities up. Just as she visited her at the bar to size her personality up.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

So, I didn't recognize Mark Shepard! Something seemed familiar, but I didn't realize it was Gaius' lawyer. How fun. I've not seen any other BW material, so I can't speak to the first casting of the sister.

I'm not yet buying the setup for Jamie. It defies my suspension of disbelief threshold, for this show, that she went from bartender to super-savvy fighting women in a day, even with bionics and neural implants.

Still, I hope the show comes together more strongly. There's a lot of good ideas and material to work with. And I like the cast in general; they just haven't all found their character properly, yet. In particular, I'm more interested in Sarah than Jamie. Her backstory feels like the stuff of a great mini-series.

Though, if this pulls Sackoff from BSG, that would be a bad thing :)

Rocky F

Second Unit

I read a little of a transcript of a radio interview she did this morning, she mentioned the two shows film next door to each other, so she'll be able to handle both schedules fairly easily.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Awesome ratings for Bionic Woman, the network must be pleased. The numbers are kind of gibberish but I think it shows that Bionic Woman was #1 for adults aged 18-49, and #3 if you include people older than that and younger than that.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings.aspx?id=wednesday

Also note that the show gained viewers into the second half of the hour. The reverse would have been bad.

I don't care about ratings, beyond the fact that some networks will panic if ratings aren't stratospheric and sudden.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Awesome ratings for Commander in Chief too -- in the beginning.

He didn't seem old enough for me. I could check the ages and find out it is feasible, but why cast someone that would cause viewers to second guess?

Effects were kinda meh.

Her face was really flushed when she was talking in the rain with whatshisname. I don't believe they were intended to be bruises. There was a line about how the "anthrocites" repaired all the gashes on her face, so they work on the entire body. Also, they filter out the toxins in cigarettes. So this is clearly an update to address issues the more modern audience might bring up. There won't be any scenes with the skin broken, revealing wires.

Too bad I'm not watching this in HD, so that I read all the bionic eye stuff. Waiting for "HUMAN CASUALTIES: 0.0"

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
After watching the pilot, this looks like a keeper (for now!).

Definitely different from the original version, with none of that sound effect whenever she used her bionic parts.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've been looking forward to this show, and have confidence that it's going to be a very interesting and entertaining show. The reworked pilot did play a little too fast in terms of going from different points in Jaime's recovery from her upgrades, but I think they probably had a 90 minute version that got chopped up a little too much, but it did the job in terms of introducing Jaime and the cast of characters, and establishing enough of the support system to make the bionics plausible, as well as providing shortcuts in explaining her combat skills through bits of dialogue. I look forward to seeing more training montages and watching her use not only her new abilities, but her smarts as well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, do I have to mention "Commander-in-Chief"? That show got off to a nice start, but simply petered out after a showrunner change and lost focus and viewers. But I'd rather it start off strong and have a chance to hang on and keep its audience.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The difference is, NBC has actually brought in stronger talent since the pilot instead of vice-versa. As long as the behind-the-scenes drama has really been worked out (as opposed to CIC where it continued throughout the series's run) then it should be fine. Of course, considering the number of people here that had problems with it a significant drop for week two isn't out of the question.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
It was okay -- better than some of the other shows I thought would be better (like Private Practice) -- but what surprised me is how (hmmmm) "bad" of an actress Ryan was.... I felt like she delivered her lines pretty flat.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I recorded it Weds, and watched it last night and the show does have great potential for action, sfx and story plots. I kind of miss the slow motion thing when bionics are being used but the scenes where they were used really looked good. She is kind of dry in her acting but hopefully a good story line can help with that. Some observations, the original Bionic woman got her but handed to her with most of her body replaced hence not really a match for Jamie. The Doctor's father is the making of one serious evil scientist and I think that would be interesting to see what comes from him, the little sister portion I think is absolutely not necessary, a distraction if anything. The guy in charge of the project looks like he'll surprise us with compassion down the road. Overall a pretty good show I'm definetly hooked.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, I was cringing with her whole "I know what I'm capable of now." scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks