What's new

Bionic Woman season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The pilot left me a bit wanting as well, this show should be fun and light but instead we get a loud, dark and dank emo-fest.

I'll give it more time and watch a couple more eps but I just don't care for the aggressive tone of the show at this point.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Her performance is one of those "Jack Nicholson as the Joker" moments, where you think, "Oh, this is really about the side character."

Oh, so you mean that she's a ham-fisted no talent hack that totaly screwed up the core of the character? Comparing her to Nicholson isnt exactly filling me with confidence.

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
Why am I thinking the govt controls that lab...liek some secret project? Is this not the case? That's what i took away from it...I think think the pilot does a good job of setting up the story...we shall see

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Hmmm... Perhaps there are creative changes afoot. I just read the following in a Fall Season preview article over at Yahoo!The addition of Katims is a promising one IMO. His Roswell is a personal favorite of mine and I hope he can bring some of that sensibility to this series. Also and most recently, his season one Friday Night Lights work has been stellar.

I guess I may have to check out another episode or two before I pass final judgement on this one...

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Yeah I got that that lab was some kind of black-ops government lab as well, and their mission is to keep ultra-sophisticated technology out of the hands of ...well out of the hands of everyone.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
All I've been hearing from the BF for weeks is when the original Bionic Woman is coming to DVD. Maybe watching this tonight will shut him up for a while???

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just think that the show could use some retooling, dump the dark and unpleasant tone and make it a tad lighter, it was depressing to look at and it hurt my ears.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad it's finally aired so we can get on with the season, the previews look like fun, a little more lightened up from the pilot.

I'm guessing the new hacker kid sister angle will come into play as Jaime needs some help here and there. I wonder if Becca will play anything but petulant in future episodes. :)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
It's not bad. But what kills me is how much better I think this concept could have been.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Rough start. Worsened by starting 2 minutes early, so I missed the beginning. Some wooden acting.

A few intriguing ideas. I'll give it some more episodes, but I'm not wowed like I hoped to be.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Ditto on that. The new sister was one note all the way through. The original sister (the one who got edited out) at least conveyed the reason she was pissed off -- she wasn't really angry, she was sad and frustrated about being left alone. The new sister was just pissy for the sake of being pissy, and probably would have loved to have been left alone. So that didn't work, storywise. I hope they write her out of the show. Send her to college or something.

So there are parts of the original rough cut I liked better than the finished version, but that is inevitable. (I also expected a better musical score).

Altogether it held up, though.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I really liked the pilot. It's not a show to fall in love with, but the production is top notch and the writing was solid enough to make slick production enough. I'll be tuning in next week.

I really don't see what's so dark about it; apparently most of you don't watch Eick's "Battlestar" (which makes this look like an episode of "I Love Lucy")?

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Not impressed. The only thing good was seeing some BSG actors in the pilot. Definitely needed some Bionic sound effects in the action scenes, which were pretty lame and didn't really convey how strong they really are. Also, wasn't Jaime's non-bionic arm broken by 1st Bionic woman? Yet she miraculously healed.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It was funny seeing all the BSG cameos.

The pilot was okay, but felt a bit over-written and consequently over-edited. They should have removed the pregnancy thing for as much time was spent on it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
They explained that in the episode. She heals quickly because the nannites that repaired her after the initial accident are still in her bloodstream.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
http://ethicalbionics.org/

I love these kinds of subtle promotional websites!

Update: And if you follow the link that reads -- "Are you being targeted for bionic experimentation?..." -- if you score higher than 75% seems some more content gets unlocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks