What's new

Bionic Woman season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm done. I skipped tonight's episode. If it turns out to be a quality TV show at the end of the seasons, I'll pick it up in reruns or DVD. Happy watching to those of you sticking with it. Just please return Katie Sackoff to us BSG fans in a timely manner! Thanks :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I agree, Patrick. She was a MUCH better character with her real accent. I also liked the CIA agent with the trustworthy face. I think this episode was like a completely different series, one that I like. I also noticed that they'd reinstated the bionic sound effect, which was a nice touch.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Still boring.

It did feel like they're going in a new direction though. It also felt like they intentionally want to let us forget about those excruciating previous episodes. They only mentioned her dead fiancee but no Sarah Corvis. No 5 year battery life. Even her sister was almost unrecognizable and no Jamie whining that she would leave her sister alone while she was off to college.

That said, even though it looks like they added a new cast for her to get romantically involved with, I'm still waiting for this show to lift off.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I didn't know that the actress playing Jamie was British. I guess that does explain her teeth. :)

What is it with these shows lately casting main characters and forcing them to speak "American"? Just like the guy in Journeyman. Why couldnt they have just made his character Scottish? And why couldn't they have made Jamie English?

It just doesnt make sense putting the actors through voice coaches etc. They should just let them be themselves (accent wise) or pick actors that are from the place their character is from.

For the record... Jamie is much better with her real accent.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Isn't the guy in Life also British. Let's see:

Bionic Woman: British
Life: British
Journeyman: Scottish
House: British

The outsourcing of America continues. What's Liberal Hollywood doing about it?

:)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Definitely the best episode so far. I don't think it was just the absence of Sarah Corvus, but that certainly helped. Looks like she won't be back next time, either, so that's damn good.

Still not incredible. It was kind of crap how she announced her agency affiliation before having ironclad confirmation of who the dude was. "Oh, it's really a homework assignment? I work for the Burket Group!"

I was glad to see them using her bionics a little more. She ought to use them in little ways throughout the episode, and they are getting there. I also liked her little tete-a-tete with Herc. They make a pretty good team.

So, not a favorite yet, but it did buy itself a little more time. Dave, I think you picked a bad episode to skip, because it was different/better. Unfortunately, I think this is the first week where it isn't reaired on Saturday.

Spero D

Second Unit

As do I. Not a great ep but not disaster. More bionics please. I hope this isn't going to be a season of mediocrity.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

And Gossip Girl, Brothers & Sisters, and more that I'm not aware of.

ETA: MR does seems to be more in her element with her natural accent.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It actually will be in two weeks. The show is preempted next week. I was surprised by the preview for next week. I didn't think they would follow up on this episode so quickly.

Neil

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyable episode. Quite different from the complex, multiple-thread storyline that the pilot and early episodes set up, but enjoyable. And the pacing was much better than last week.

I hope they do not completely ditch the long arc about Jamie and Corvus, since many say Corvus is the best part of the show. But I think they were wise to add some simplicity into the show in the form of this very straightforward mission.

A stand-alone episode like this was particularly wise on a night when most were watching baseball.

Like everyone else, I prefer her British accent to her American one.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
The commentary tracks are going to be incredible for this show, if they are candid.

It's like head writer. But with more power.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Well, I didn't care for it and still think they are missing the boat big time with this re-make. All I have to say is they should be sued (joking) or at least have someone besides a bunch of dim wits writing this show. I mean, could they copy Alias any more. Jamie meets another spy and they have this sort of tense relationship but really hot one. Can anyone say Alias clone? If they copied the scripts any more they would be in severe copyright violation which they basically are now. Second point, the fight scenes are straight out of Blair Witch for the jerky camera shots which I absolutly HATE. Typically they are used when a show has a very low budget and can't afford stunt men or special effects much. It looks even worse on Tivo if you slow it down or do frame-by-frame. If anyone is still making fun of the '70s version they should cease now because there is not one thing this show brings to the table.

As I said before, if they don't stop the Alias clone crap and figure out what they REALLY want this show to be by embracing more the SCI-FI angle to seperate itself, I don't see how it will last.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks