What's new

Binding post spacing Denon vs Sony (1 Viewer)

robWD

Agent
I just upgraded my receiver from a Sony ES (3000) to a Denon 2807. I previously used the dual banana plug connectors but the binding post spacing is different on the Denon.

I know it is a long shot, but is there some way to adjust them or do I need to stop using those connectors?

Thanks.

Rob

Glen B

Agent
I would just replace the dual bananas with singles. If you change amps again down the road you won't have a problem with spacing.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I ordered the dual plugs from parts express assuming it was a universal size (sounds like it would make sense to me) for all HT gear. I had to return them when my Denon receivers arrived and exchange the plugs for the singles so I wont have to worry again in the future.

robWD

Agent
I ordered mine from parts express too. Worked fine until now.

I'll get some singles I guess...

Thanks.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I bought doubles that wouldn't fit my Denon. A quick snip with a pair of wire cutters and my doubles are now singles. Been in use since 2001 with not problems.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
The thought had crossed my mind, but since I still had time to swap them, I did. besides, I really wanted the gold plated thicker ones. granted, I paid more, but I could justify the cost.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
those look almost identical to the ones I bought here. However after reading the review, those don't have screws to hold the speaker wire strands in place. Mine do. I paid more for convenience I guess.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I picked up the locking ones from Blue Jeans. Monoprice has them as well, but I got them in 1 day from BJC for about the same price, plus I'll get the $15 credit from Paypal for the order... so they are actually even less.

The "dual" bananas are actually intended for test equipment, which the spacing is standard, not home theater equipment (which has no standard as mentioned).

leafswillwin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
john, would you be able to provide the link, i went to their site but their pics of plugs dont look quite as nice as the ones you have.

leafswillwin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
thanks i found it but it will cost me 100 for my setup too much for me, ill just go with the monoprice ones, thanks tho for showing us.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I really just wanted them on the receiver side because I had one surround giving me some crackling and I traced it to a loose banana, but I liked them so much that I used them on all my main channels and I'll update the rest soon.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I use these. . .I guess I've got 300 of them by now. . .I'm always buying a few at a time. . .Now I got plenty. . .I love'em. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks