Billboard Top 10 - All American Rejects "represent" rock music!! WHOO-HOO!

Discussion in 'Music' started by buttmunker, Jan 19, 2009.

1. buttmunker

buttmunker Second Unit

We have to be grateful that at least one rock group can still make the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 these days - it is kind of a rarity, as rap and dance are really still the rage. Thank you, All-American Rejects for representing the "minority" who don't care for rap and dance.

Honorable mention to Jason Mraz, whoever you are. Maybe I should see what you're about........

1 Lady GaGa Featuring Colby O'Donis - Just Dance

2 Beyonce
    Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)

3 Kanye West
    Heartless

4 T.I. Featuring Rihanna
    Live Your Life

5 Taylor Swift
    Love Story

6 Katy Perry
    Hot N Cold

7 Jason Mraz
    I'm Yours

8 Kevin Rudolf Featuring Lil Wayne
    Let It Rock

9 Britney Spears
    Womanizer

10 The All-American Rejects - Gives You Hell

2. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

I can't tell if this is sarcastic because AAR are terrible even if they may fall under the "rock" banner. More emo I think.

In principle though, I absolutely agree with you. I'm a big Mraz fan though; he's pretty mellow but he's got a great knack for melody.

Although I can't deny it; I love me some Katy Perry. [​IMG] "Hot N Cold" is too catchy for me not to love.

3. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I abandoned top 10 radio several years ago. Rap and dance just doesn't cut it for me as a whole.....and the groups that represent 'rock' these days are IMHO a pale shadow of the artists of the past....only once in a while does a group like U2 come around to show em how it's done. Other than one classic rock station on the radio around these parts, I have my iPod to rely on for good music.

4. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    The record companies are missing the boat by not going out, signing, and promoting new rock acts. With Guitar Hero as popular as it is, there's a huge, untapped market for rock at this moment.

I work with teens for a living and I can tell you that they are eating up classic rock/metal right now. My students are constantly wanting to borrow my rock cd's like Maiden, Priest, Van Halen, and AC/DC. These are the kids going out, buying guitars, and starting bands. Unfortunately, record companies are refusing to break the pop/R&B/rap trend that they've been milking for over ten years. And they wonder why their sales are down.