Bigshot's CinemaChalet

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by bigshot, Dec 23, 2010.

1. bigshot

bigshot Cinematographer

Stephen
    I'm putting the finishing touches on my listening room/theater... Here is with the screen down... The large space was a bit of a trick to fill with sound. The soft wood absorbed a lot of bass. But I got a great subwoofer and spent a couple of months fine tuning the EQ and it sounds great now. The speakers are situated to make everything sound good. Proper soundstage for both 5:1 movies and stereo and mono music. I've never had a better place to hang out. I work for a non profit arts organization, and I've started doing bimonthly screenings for members. It's a lot of fun to hear the gasps when the screen drops down out of nowhere! I have a great library setup just off the listening room. It's nice to be able to get to my records all in one place easily. I've had them spread all over before. I set up a Mac Mini server with 18 TB of online storage. Six itunes libraries with a year's worth of music. Now I'm working on digitizing my DVDs. I want to create a jukebox to play movies the same way that itunes organizes music. That is going to take a while with all the DVDs I have to rip.