Biggest Surprise Release of 2012?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by JamesSmith, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    Two for me: Steve Martin: The Television Stuff The Incredible Mel Brooks. In the age where the major studios find no value in catalouge releases, here's Shout putting out compilations of material that I doubt anyone would of fathomed would be collected into a retail release. Staggeringly important as far as the history of TV and comedy.

2. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

Biggest surprise announcement was China Beach, easily. You know, several years ago, there were a number of series that people said would never come out on dvd, music intact. Post after post, written by internet experts would ridicule the mere mention of these shows as viable dvd releases. "Too expensive," they'd say. "They'll never be able to clear all that music. Forget it! You'll never see them!" Yeah. And on and on those people went. The series they were always talking about included: Saturday Night Live Ally McBeal China Beach The Wonder Years. Now if we can just get those same people to shut up about Wonder Years and the rest of Happy Days, who knows what we'll see...

3. handley

handley Stunt Coordinator

My biggest (pleasant) surprises of 2012: The Comic Strip Presents Eight Is Enough Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp Get A Life Big John, Little John Van Dyke & Company Shazam! In Search Of

4. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Producer

Wow, thanks Russell. I had no idea The Steve Martin set even existed. I'm all over that one on my next order from Amazon.