What's new

Biggest Loser - Season 7: Couples Discussion (merged) (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I hope they can get back on track and leave the drama for other shows. I watch this show, because I enjoy watching the process these people have to go through to lose the weight. It's been inspiring in the past to see these folks come through and make their goals.

Save the drama for shows like Survivor!

If the producers think we as an audience want to see fighting and bitching between nasty contestants, they are wrong (atleast for me).

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
They voted to keep Joelle in because she's clearly not a threat. What they didn't realize is that Carla is going to be a big problem for them when she comes back. I think that was a mistake.

Of course, then you only have to deal with one challenging player instead of two.

As far as Dan not participating in the challenge, I thought that was a bit bizarre too.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Watching this season, though I've realized I don't care much until close to the end and the herd is thinned out.

This latest episode though was almost unwatchable, with so much time devoted to Silver Team screaming at each other! We skipped large chunks on Tivo to get past the tiresome yelling.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I felt bad for Bob, I'm sure he didn't want to be in the middle of all that drama.

It was much more fun watching Bob yell at Joelle the week before. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can't believe we didn't get to see David weighed in! I betcha he put on weight between when he left the ranch and last night's episode was taped!

Daniel looked pretty darn good considering where he started at the beginning of this season. For gosh' sake...he's already lost 100+ pounds!

BTW, I felt the absolute same as Felipe when Jillian's team tried to say "I'm sorry" after completely screwing Bob's team with the Joelle/Damian vote. It would have been one thing to vote a certain way...but to ask beforehand and then say that they'd following their wishes since they had done the same the week before... That falls into the category of playing a dirty game. I understand it's a game. But don't play that way and then expect that "I'm sorry" is supposed to make us friends again.

I hope now that the contestants-at-home nonsense is over that things proceed smoothly from here on out. Although I'm doubtful. ;)

And, finally, Kurt Warner seems like a nice guy.

I can't believe Helen got all excited because "I won a football challenge." The only reason she won is because a group of misfits ganged up on all the strong players and got rid of them. I would have preferred a challenge in which the contestants were only responsible for their own outcome.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yep, that was pretty rotten of Jillian's team. I was glad Joelle didn't get the immunity, even though I feel bad for Carla if Joelle would have gotten kicked off.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I'm getting the feeling that the producers are taking the position that yelling = drama = ratings.

Like you, Dave, I think yelling = headache.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
My goodness... MAJOR SPOILERS

The re-union where they come back is a RIOT. I have to say, thank god Joelle is gone. But the entire elimination and reunion was CLASSIC material. I mean, why did this woman ever try out for the show ???????

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I am glad to see Joelle gone too. I was pretty certain if both teams below the yellow line were Bob's and hers was one of those, she'd be gone. Again, it's too bad for Carla, because she seems genuinely motivated and working to change herself. But Joelle was the same old person as she ever was. Did you catch how she was more interested in the $5000 than the 2 Lb. advantage.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Her defense of herself at the vote was HILARIOUS. It was unintentionally funny, but that girl cannot shut her mouth to save her life. And then she compounds it by meeting her "teammate" to announce they weren't friends, and that she feels as though she was thrown under the bus.

Yeah, uh, well, you losing 0 weight and the strange "I'm still trying exercise to see if it works.. but I'm doing all of them vigorously!" excuse was pretty much what threw her out of one bus and into the grill of another to get flipped under the wheels of a third.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
When they were weighing-in the returnees it really emphasized for me how much I desperately wanted to see David from the Orange team weighed-in to see if he had actually gained weight while he was away from the ranch. I would have bet that he did.

You know what?!? I think if the Silver team and one of Jillian's teams had fallen below the yellow line it would have been Silver voted off. No matter how bad everyone might have felt for Carla...I don't think there's anyway those other players would have felt right about rewarding Joelle for her erratic, non-enthusiastic behavior.

It got me wondering if they could ever have an "All-Stars" version of TBL?!? :D Bring back some players who got voted off early (or whatever) and still have a ton of weight to lose! Maybe Eric (the Season 1 winner who, apparently, has gained all his weight back) could be involved. And they could concentrate on the pitfalls of keeping the weight off! THERE would be some useful lessons to a lot of people...

And I don't think the producers could have hit me over the head any harder with Joelle's interest in the $5k. ;)

My wife turned to me halfway through the last episode and said, "Do you suppose...when Allison gets home...she still...talks so slowly...with such deliberate pauses...between every group of words?" :laugh:

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I just can't figure out why she even tried out with the show. You know, outside of being emberrassed about the need to lose weight, if I were sitting at home knowing I was being broadcast on national TV behaving as she has.. yeah, I'd consider moving from the country.

I think she is just missing that internal clock that tells her to feel ashamed ;)

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
Joelle = train wreck. Train wrecks are good for ratings. They're so awful that you can't look away. Let's just say I won't miss her on the show at all.

Team brown better step it up a notch, or they're going to be outta there. They've been given two chances to stay now, but I don't know if everyone is going to go with a third.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yep, most likely, if the brown team falls below again, they'll be gone. Unless they squeak by due to a vote along Bob/Jillian Team Lines, (if it comes down to that).

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
I was noticing this week during the weigh in that the contestants were starting to show that their hard work was paying off. You can begin to see the effects of the weight loss on some of them.

I really didn't like Bob trying to get his team to vote Dane off the show. He's turned into a bigger game player than the people he's working with.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I thought last week it was a mistake for the blue team to vote off Dane instead of Ron. I think they were looking at Dane being a threat when they are vieing against each other. But they forget they have to get there first, and for the blue team to have done better each week, they are stronger with Dane instead of Ron, (who weighs the most and loses the least). Well this week really brought the point home. Dane would have given the entire group a bigger chunk of the 77 lbs they needed than Ron.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'm really starting to not like Ron. The week that the Blue Team had to vote off their first person, the way Ron had always been, I really thought he would have volunteered himself to go. Admit that he was holding the team back due to his knee, his small numbers etc. So when he pushed for and convinced everyone to vote off Dane, (solely because he felt Dane was the biggest threat to his son Mike ultimately winning), well he went down a few notches in my book. Now this week he does the same thing in regards to Mandy, who is most likely the next biggest threat on the Blue Team, next to Dane. I'm sure once again he was motivated strictly by his opinion that Mandy was the biggest threat to his son Mike ultimately winning, that he had control to do something about. When he said "it's Mandy's turn to go home" I was floored. I was like, "and who said it's up to you to decide". Again, the Blue Team has been manipulated by Ron and weakened themselves in the process as well. It's gonna be even easier for the Black Team to beat them next week. Especially if they recover from their over-indulgence with the Spa Day.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I said exactly the same thing out loud...except I didn't say it TO Ron through my TV screen...but ABOUT him. ("Who's he to decide?!?) :D

I suspect editing had a large part in making his statement seem so abrupt and matter-of-fact...but the bottom line is that it seemed to be the sentiment of the threesome.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I can't remember exactly when I heard this, but I did hear an ad over the radio looking for people to try out for the next season of Biggest Loser. The odd thing was that they mentioned they were also looking for trainers. Could this be a sign that Jillian and/or Bob are on their way out?

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Maybe they are going to pair off trainers and contestants. That would mean they would need the same number of trainers as contestants. It might make for an interesting twist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks