What's new

Bigfoot found??? (1 Viewer)

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Well, here I am starting another weird thread. Apparently, some hunters have found the body of an actual Bigfoot/Sasquatch. They are supposed to reveal their findings to the press today. I am strangely interested in this.

Body proves Bigfoot no myth, hunters say - CNN.com

It really would not shock me to learn that the legend of Bigfoot was real. I live in British Columbia, Canada. When you see just how vast the forests are, it makes me think that I just might be possible for a large species like this to remain hidden. The panda bear was a myth for a long time as well.

Of course, this could also (and more likely be) a scam or publicity stunt etc.

Thoughts?

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
"But he said that even in north Georgia, home to the Blue Ridge Mountains and the foot of the Appalachian Trail, it stretches the imagination to think a family of 7-foot-tall creatures could have eluded hunters, hikers and creeping development until now."

This is exactly why I DON'T believe in Bigfoot. But, I will be the first to self-correct when real science and experts back up their claim.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Over at randi.org, there's a thread where someone posted some pictures of the body and matched it up to a bigfoot costume sold online. I'm thinking hoax.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Scott, I thought of your UFO thread as soon as I saw the article.

I am skeptical. There's something off about that picture. The eyes don't look right, it looks more like a mask. Also, I have seen many dead wild animals over the years and this just doesn't look like a dead animal to me. Usually there is more dirt and bloating and decay, and while the guts tumbling out of the stomach look like real intestines, it is rare to ever find that in nature because things dry up and rot pretty fast (or are eaten by other animals). There is a whole "posed" look to the body. If I really found a strange body in the woods, I wouldn't take it home and put it in my freezer!

I'm saying hoax too.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
The face looks just like Cornelius from Planet of the Apes!

If its a hoax, i hope the 2 law officers are not the perpetrators.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
"a pair of Bigfoot-hunting hobbyists from north Georgia"

I think this sums it up. I'm from Atlanta, but I know what types of people dwell in north Georgia, and south Georgia for that matter.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
It's jerks that perpetrate a hoax like this that give Bigfoot enthusiasts a bad name.

http://bfro.net/

As it stands the Patterson footage, and the audio recordings of Bigfoot in Northern California are 100% scientifically accurate and not a hoax.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
And as it turns out these two guys are not exactly police officers as one is on administrative leave and the other a former prison guard.

They are owners of bigfoottracker.com and Bigfoot Global LLC, a company that offers Bigfoot expeditions. This according to searchingforbigfoot.com that is Tom Biscardi’s organization (and who these guys called, “the real Bigfoot hunter”).

What a surprise that this trio would put out a hoax designed to increase business.

This means that the real Bigfoot hunter as verified a non-real Bigfoot—so real in this case means “not qualified”.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Bummer. It is not like I am a Bigfoot Enthusiast or anything, but it really would have been cool if it had turned out to be true.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Oh so the seven foot bipedal hairy man beast isn't real? Drats. I figured after all this time he would have at least wandered into some rural town and ate out of a dumpster, like every other wild creature on this planet. That's just me using logic, but the bigfoot experts say he is to smart for that! This is so disappointing!!!!!

on a serious note, the news agencies have got to stop reporting this crap.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Truth Before our Eyes

I found this answer to the charges of fakery interesting. I've watched the film a number of times and I remain unconvinced that it is a hoax. That film is about the only thing that actually looks authentic when it comes to a Bigfoot sighting.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
True. Bigfoot is really real. Actually, he is also a chameleon, that's why he is spotted so rarely. Maybe he is related to the Predator. Long live the bigfoot! You know, me being a smartass in this thread almost gaurantees that the next time I go camping I'll be ripped to pieces by the bigfoot. Karma is a beyotch.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's a big world and they find new species of animals every day (not to mention that a number of species go extinct every day) so I'll never understand why people dismiss the possibility of a missing link outright. I'm sure most Bigfoot sightings are either mistaken or outright lies but that doesn't automatically mean that it doesn't exist either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks