What's new

Big Shots - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Big Shots" is basically the male equivalent of "Desperate Housewives" in some respects, but the main 4 male leads are all CEO/leaders of their respective companies/organizations and friends who commiserate about their problems and celebrate their triumphs. Can't see too many from the female demographic objecting too much to the cast that includes Dylan McDermott, Michael Vartan, Joshua Molina and Christopher Titus.

I liked it, but it's a fluffy piece of entertainment. It's a little tough to be all that sympathetic to these "big shots", though. Did enjoy seeing Paige Turco getting some regular work, as well as Peyton List, who plays Cameron, Duncan's daughter (and I remember as Lucy Lane on Smallville for an episode, and was on Day Break for a few episodes). Didn't realize Jessica Collins (Marla) had all that going on underneath her wardrobe, but remembered her from Tru Calling.

I hope the writing gets a little sharper and provides some more less cliched subplots and situations that these "big shots" face in their daily lives. The male cast is overall pretty good, though.

With ER floundering these days, I may switch over and watch "Big Shots" live, and relegate ER to time-shifted viewing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The tonal differences in the 3.5 subplot makes it tough to take this show all that seriously when called upon to do so, to its detriment. I don't think this show is going to make it to a second season.

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
I love this show. I find it amusing. I don't feel sympathetic, but I didnt feel sympathetic for Desparate housewives either. I just think for this show to make it, it needs a better time slot....after Housewives would be ideal

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
If you can get past the "whole rich thing", not a bad show. Some funny parts but I think it would work the men appealed to a more middle to upper middle class. At the levels the men involved are in this show you can almost say who cares what they go through. Don't know if it will make it after the 1st season, but shows have grown on me during the seasons.

Nick

Second Unit
Yeah, I laugh in couple scenes. It wasn't the best but it was entertaining.
The wife and the mistress became best friend plot was kind of funny.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Not much love here for this show!

I'vebeen following it all season. I have been enjoying it for what it is. A lot of attractive actors, some goofy subplots like the little black book. I do like how Duncan is trying to change to get his wife back. I like the Michael Vartan character adjusting to single life and being a CEO, I like the other guys silly situation with the wife and ex-lover being friends. I can't help wonder if the kid that Duncan's daugther hired was a plant from Duncan's rival. But it appears he may not be afterall.

Simply fun light entertainment, I agree, the male equivalent to Desperate Housewives.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Not much love for this show anywhere, really. As production shuts down due to the strike, crew have been informed that the show will not be returning after the strike... effectively Big Shots has been canceled.

James_S

Second Unit
I loved the show, I actually found it very entertaining. I was sorry to see it canceled.

Well at least it's a new episode on tonight.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I watched one episode and found myself following it. Nice ensemble cast, and to my knowledge, not something you see on TV often.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it's not cancelled. Some sites report it is not cancelled yet.

Here's a link to a youtube video where Christopher Titus is asked if the show is cancelled:

Take it with a grain of salt.

James_S

Second Unit
Well lets hope that is the case and it's not cancelled.

There were supposed to be 13 episodes, but I haven't seen how many of them are actually completed. They figured with the writers strike that and the low ratings that they didn't want to keep paying the actors and the other staff.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Not sure if anyone's still watching (has there even been an episode lately?) but in case anyone's interested, ABC has pulled the show for at least the rest of this month - Private Practice repeats are taking its place.

No word if it'll be back next month.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
There will be another episode aired this Thursday. I don't know if it's the last or what. I still find it entertaining in a mindless and guilty way.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
According to tv.com if I read it right, it says the show is not cancelled. Just off the schedule. But it may be very well cancelled.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I'd be shocked if ABC actually airs the remaining episodes. Just because they SAY it's not cancelled means nothing.

FOX did the same thing with that Nashville reality show a couple months ago. They pulled the show after a couple episodes, saying it was being "pre-empted" for however many weeks. They even went so far as to reschedule those episodes. Then, they finally cancelled it before the date that it was rescheduled to. So, even though it was just being "pre-empted," it never aired again.

The only way I can see them airing the final episodes is if the strike lasts well into the first half of '08 and they have no new episodes of scripted shows scheduled and they need something besides reality shows/repeats. Barring that, I'd expect the remaining episodes to stream on ABC's Web site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks