What's new

big floor speakers, small center speaker (1 Viewer)

huitlacoche

Auditioning
Real Name
mark
Hello,

I need some advice on a center channel speaker. I have a mirage mc-3 center and a pair of m590-i floor speakers.

Right now I have the center speaker behind a 52in lcd tv pointed upward because there simply wasn't a better place for it. The downside is that it's not pointed directly at the listener and, well, the cats sit on it and I'm pretty sure they're crushing the speaker cones. There's no room for it in the tv cabinet and I'm pretty sure putting the tv on top of it is bad news.

I'm not saying its ideal, but could someone recommend a smaller form center channel (ie the mirage nano CC) that would sound at least balanced for normal listening?
Thanks,
~mark

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I did a search at their site for both your model numbers, and nothing ...................
Your center speaker should timbre match the fronts. Contact Mirage, and ask what center speaker timbre matches the fronts. That will be the speaker you need.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Mark: in this situation, I would advise not using a center channel speaker at all.

Set your receiver's speaker management system to "No center" and the center info will be redirected to the front left & right speakers. The disadvantage to this configuration is that people seated off to the sides will not hear center info from the center of the TV image (if the TV is located between the left and right mains) like those seated in front of the left/rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks