What's new

Big Dumb Norwegian's LDs For Sale #1 (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I have the following LDs for sale or trade. Look at my My Dvd For Trade Post for my want list, which includes DVDs and LDs. Price is $6 each unless otherwise marked. All are widescreen unless followed with FS (there are a few exceptions – these were filmed fullscreen and are presented properly). Other than the Criterions, none are special editions. Nearly all are excellent, many are mint, some are sealed, and a few are very good. Exceptions are noted. All box sets are complete. Any questions about which version or the condition of any LD, please e-mail. I can take photos if you really need one.

Excepting box sets, shipping will be priority unless you select 5 or more discs, in which case you may opt for media mail. Box sets will by your choice of priority or media mail. Delivery confirmation is required. Insurance is your option but if you decline insurance, the risk is entirely yours.

Payment may be by PAYPAL (preferred) or a money order.

Post here or e-mail Alan Halvorson

Box Sets
[*]The Abyss (very light shelf wear, corners are sharp)($12.50)[*]Alien (3-disc CAV)(mint)($17.50)[*]Aliens (4-disc CAV)(contains production stills left off the dvd)(box has some flaws, corners are intact)($12.50)[*]Aliens (same as above, only this copy is mint)($17.50)[*]The Day the Earth Stood Still – #1902 of 2500 produced, signed by Robert Wise, includes Special Edition of the film with all the supplements, an excellent book on Robert Wise, his career and film projects, and a 24-ct gold soundtrack CD, still sealed. This is really rare. Box has some light shelf wear; corners are intact. Overall, excellent. ($150)[*]The Disneyland Anthology SOLD! (sealed) This is, by far, the hardest to find Disney box. Very few produced. Locating a sealed one is next to impossible, yet here is one. 3-discs containing six episodes from the 1950’s Disneyland television show. Episodes include: The Disneyland Story (this will be included in the upcoming Disneyland DVD, but it’s the only one), A Day in the Life of Donald Duck, Along the Oregon Trail, The Crisler Story/Prowler of the Everglades, Adventures in Fantasy and Mars and Beyond (really fascinating even though science has passed it by). ($130)[*]The Nighmare Before Christmas (2 copies), recalled box. CAV. Yes, there is a dvd containing most of the supplements. But not all. This set contains the full “Making of” documentary; the dvd cut it in half. Both copies contain the MTV shorts and “Slow Bob in the Lower Dimensions”, which were pulled from later pressings for copyright reasons. Each set also contains a book on the making of the film. This is the best book ever included in an LD box set and I’ve seen (and owned) nearly all of them. The book alone is nearly worth the price. Both boxes have light shelf wear. The discs all play fine without rot. ($55 each)[*]The Ten Commandments 35th Anniversary (excellent)($15)[*]Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (excellent $15)[*]Beatles Anthology (sealed) 8 discs. If you have any interest in the Beatles at all, it's a must have. ($40)[*]Disney's Cinderella (excellent) Box is excellent as are the discs. Very nice set of supplements. Missing the lithographs, unfortunately, which accounts for the lower price ($25)[*]The Godfather Collector's Edition. 7 discs including a supplement disc: The Godfather Family - A Look Inside and a nice booklet of photos. Box has a little more than average edgewear but is otherwise excellent. All corners intact. ($40)

Criterions
[*]Close Encounters of the Third Kind (2-disc CLV)($15)[*]Close Encounters of the Third Kind (3-disc CAV – missing the insert)($25)[*]Dr. Strangelove (2-disc CAV)(even you have the SE DVD, you need this LD)($45)[*]The Man Who Fell to Earth (2-disc, CLV/CAV) ($50)[*]Repulsion (2-disc CLV/CAV)($100)[*]Robinson Crusoe on Mars (2-disc CAV)(sealed)($130)

Looney Tunes Single Discs
[*]Bad Ol’ Puddy Tat Blues ($80)[*]After Dark ($50)[*]Assorted Nuts ($60)[*]Cartoons For Big Kids ($40)[*]Curtain Calls ($80)[*]Guffaw and Order ($60)[*]Ham on Wry ($20)[*]Hare Beyond Compare ($60)[*]Longitude and Looneytude ($60)[*]Road Runner Vs. Wile E. Coyote (2 copies)($80 each)[*]Wince Upon a Time ($50)[*]Winner By a Hare ($60)

Animation
[*]An American Tail (CAV)(FS)[*]An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (CAV)(FS)[*]Disney Alice in Wonderland (Remastered)[*]SOLD Disney The Jungle Book 30th Anniversary (CLV)[*]Disney Lady and the Tramp (AC-3)(CLV)[*]Disney Pocahantas (CLV)[*]Disney Pocahontas Sing Along Songs: Colors of the Wind[*]Disney Song of the South ($220)[*]Disney Toy Story (CLV)

Regular LDs
SOLD [*]SOLD The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (Harryhausen)(CAV)(Pioneer Special Edition)[*]SOLD 12 Monkeys (sealed, but has a crease)[*]20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Disney Archive with supplements)(jacket has some flaws)($20) [*]Alien Resurrection THX (AC-3)[*]American Graffiti[*]Anima Mundi[*]The Apartment[*]Bachelor Party[*]Barbarella (FS)[*]Batman[*]SOLD Batman Returns[*]Beneath the Twelve Mile Reef[*]Beyond the Mind’s Eye[*]The Big Sleep[*]SOLD Black Robe[*]SOLD The Black Stallion[*]Blue Thunder (sealed)[*]Bonnie and Clyde[*]Braveheart THX (AC-3)[*]Breaker Morant[*]The Bridge on the River Kwai[*]The Cheap Detective[*]SOLD Citizen Kane 50th Anniversary[*]SOLD Clash of the Titans (FS)[*]Cliffhanger [*]A Clockwork Orange[*]The Cowboys[*]Darkman FS[*]Die Hard THX [*]Die Hard 2 THX[*]Die Hard With a Vengeance THX[*]Doctor Zhivago[*]Dog Day Afternoon (FS)[*]The Dream is Alive[*]Dressed To Kill UNRATED[*]Empire of the Sun (CAV) Jacket is pretty ratty[*]Empire of the Sun (CLV)(contains the supplement “China Odyssey”)[*]SOLD Event Horizon (AC-3)(sealed)[*]Excalibur[*]SOLD Field of Dreams[*]The Fifth Element (AC-3)(sealed)[*]Flamingo Kid (FS)[*]SOLD Forest Gump (AC-3)(includes “behind the scenes” special)[*]Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (sealed)[*]The Fugitive[*]SOLD Ghost[*]The Graduate 25th Anniversay[*]Glory (2 copies)[*]Great Train Robbery[*]A GRP Christmas Collection (sealed)[*]Gypsy Angels[*]SOLD Heavy Metal[*]Home Alone[*]Jaws (sealed)[*]Jurassic Park THX (CLV)(sealed but has creases on the back)[*]Jurassic Park: The Lost World THX (AC-3)[*]The Last Detail [*]Let It Ride[*]Life of Brian (FS)[*]The Lives of a Bengal Tiger (Discovision)[*]The Longest Day[*]The Long Riders[*]The Lost Continent (sealed)[*]Lost in America[*]Love & Death/Bananas[*]The Magnificent Seven[*]SOLD The Mask[*]The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance[*]Men In Black (AC-3)[*]Mr. Drums Buddy Rich & His Band: Live on King Street ($40)[*]Monty Python Volume 1[*]Monty Python Volume 6[*]Much Ado About Nothing[*]The Naked Gun (FS)[*]The Naked Gun 2 ½ : The Smell of Fear[*]Never Cry Wolf (FS)[*]The Never Ending Story[*]Nine to Five (FS)[*]North by Northwest[*]An Officer and a Gentleman[*]On the Waterfront[*]One Million Years B.C. (Raquel Welch)($50)[*]Paint Your Wagon [*]Peggy Sue Got Married (FS)[*]The Pink Panther[*]Pork Chop Hill[*]Quartermass and the Pit (sealed, but bottom left corner has a small ding)[*]Radio Days (FS) [*]The Rocky Horror Picture Show THX[*]Rollerball[*]The Satanic Rites of Dracula[*]Seven Brides For Seven Brothers[*]Sorcerer (FS)[*]Species THX (AC-3)[*]SOLD Stand By Me[*]Stanger Than Paradise[*]Star Trek: First Contact THX (AC-3)[*]Star Wars Trilogy (original widescreen, not THX)($25)[*]Sullivan’s Travels[*]Superman: The Movie (sealed)[*]They Were Expendable[*]The Thing – John Carpenter (sealed)[*]Three Men and a Baby (FS)[*]The Three Worlds of Gulliver (Harryhausen)(CAV) Pioneer Special Edition[*]Time After Time (FS)(sealed)($20)[*]Topkapi[*]Total Recall[*]Tremors (FS)[*]True Lies THX (AC-3)[*]The Twelve Chairs[*]Twister CAV THX (AC-3) [*]Wake of the Red Witch 45th Anniversary[*]Wayne’s World[*]Wayne’s World 2[*]West Side Story[*]Who’ll Stop the Rain[*]Wholly Moses![*]The Wizard of Space and Time ($150)[*]The Year of Living Dangerously[*]Zelig (FS)(sealed)

------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

[Edited last by alan halvorson on October 25, 2001 at 11:50 AM]

[Edited last by alan halvorson on October 25, 2001 at 08:16 PM]

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Updated lists.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Alan, YGM.
------------------
September 11, 2001
"Those who died will always be remembered.
Those who killed will never be forgotten.
We who remain will not let it happen again."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks