What's new

Big Brother 8 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
But come on, she said it in such a way to where she was 100% cold and uncaring towards those that have to endure that crap, unable to muster anything about it at all.

That was a quote, BTW..."I've never been on slop so I don't feel bad for those that are on it. I've never been good at that, feeling bad."

Who would say such a thing? Jen apparently.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
She's not putting them on slop and she doesn't and shouldn't care that they're on it. It's a game and she's at least playing it. Most of the rest are just floating along. People like her make the show interesting.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Did you even watch it? Jameka was obviously distraught over eating that crap for breakfast and your saying that another human being sitting there watching this shouldn't at least care a little about that?

You have your opinion and I have mine but I was raised to care that someone else is in distress and to try and empathize with them and consider how they might feel, especially someone as nice as Jameka.

The truth is Jen is a selfish bitch who doesn't care about anyone but herself, it's got nothing to do with the game.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Jen is playing a "character" inside the house. (It's Jameka, BTW). There's no way she could be a nanny with true uncaring qualities (or never plans on ever being hired as one after BB8 is over). Jen is playing her role to the hilt.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I hope Evil Dick wins the whole thing...he's the most "sane" of the bunch IMO...he sees it like it is and tells it like it is.

Like the America Choice guy said...I rather have a guy tell ya up front that he's gonna stab ya than have someone sneak up behind ya and stick ya in the back.

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoy the character that Jen is playing. It is making the show interesting. Where Jen does not show empathy over the great tragedy of eating oatmeal for breakfast, Amber would probably break into tears over it, and that I find continually unbearable.

As for Dick, I don't see his appeal. Where Jen is obviously playing the part of being stuck on her self, Dick is much more convinced that he knows it all, and really comes off as a jerk. Perhaps I am not seeing his other side in the live feeds etc. but going from the show alone, he really seems like a very toxic person.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Dick is a great actor. He's playing the "my life has been too hard to deal with all this namby-pamby stuff and I am going to tell it like it is" role.

Trust me, dude wants to win the game and is playing just as hard as everyone else on the show.

Jen seems to be an incredibly self-conscious person. She seems like a person who always "wanted" to be the popular girl, but was always sort of on the fringes. So she works "extra hard" to overcome her perceived "shortcomings."

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Slop isn't oatmeal, I don't know what it is but it isn't oatmeal.

Pardon me for feeling SOMETHING for someone else who's having to eat vomit FOR TWO WEEKS, I expect to get called out here at HTF on many things but feeling badly for others who haven't had a decent meal in two weeks wasn't one of them.

I don't understand how you guys can be so convinced that Jen and Dick are acting in some way, i'm not getting that at all, they seem natural to me.

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
If you don't know what it is, how do you know it is not Oatmeal? It looks like Oatmeal to me, and I would be willing to wager, that Oatmeal is at least a significant part of the formula. They may have manipulated the water content to make it runnier, but I really think it is just Oatmeal.

I would also be willing to wager a significant sum of money that Slop does not contain any Vomit.

I know people who voluntarily fast for two weeks, so I really don't think eating, what is certainly a nutritionally fortified mix, albeit tasteless, constitutes a hardship. In fact, I think keeping them off all of the junk food in the house is probably doing them a lot of good.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Fine it's oatmeal, but my original point remains and i'll argue it until the end of time, it tastes bad, those that are on it are miserable because they have to eat it, they'd rather have a real meal and they have to eat it day in and day out until they win a food competiton and Jen couldn't show an ounce of sympathy towards them even after she saw how repulsed and depressed it was making Jameka to eat it, that's not normal behaviour IMO.

I'll quote her again...
"I've never been on slop so I don't feel bad for those that are on it. I've never been good at that, feeling bad."

Normal people don't say things like that, that sort of remark reflects highly on the kind of person she is and believe me, it's no act. The people that I know would say something along the lines of "I've never been on slop but I feel bad for those that have to eat that stuff, it looks like it tastes terrible."

I'm willing to bet that she feels bad when she get's a split-end or a broken nail, though.

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
Everyone in that house, is affecting an attitude, because they are in front of a camera. These people are all Drama Queens, or they would not have even tried out for Big Brother.

I think you are taking this waaay too personally, and you are not even in the house. We won't know until the end, probably not even then, what the real personalities are of the BB8 contestants. Even after the game is over, they will still be in front of camera's and will be playing their parts until they shut them off.

Personally, I find it entertaining, and that is why I watch reality TV. At the same time, I realize that what I am seeing really is not reality, but more of a staged show, by people who really enjoy being in front of the camera.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
While I agree they're all drama queens, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're pretending somehow, IMO they are all coming off as genuine, I don't get the sense that they're mugging their personalities for the cameras, most of the time they seem to forget the cameras are even there.

Don't get me wrong, Phil, i'm not taking the Jen thing personally, I couldn't care less at the end of the day, but there's just something fundamentally off about Jen's attitude towards others that I happened to take notice of and of course this being the discussion thread I naturally brought it up, I didn't expect to still be on this subject. ;)

Anyhoo, i'm becoming increasingly irritated by Nick, he knows perfectly well that Jen has a boyfriend and that he and Daniell's relationship can only end in heartbreak for her but he's still pursuing her. I won't go too deeply into the live feed for those that haven't seen them but you should have seen he and Danielle on the hammock last night, they spent a good 10 minutes giving each other the lovey dovey eyes.

Not a big spoiler...

He got in trouble with BB for drinking too much, they called him to the diary room and took his beer from him and he also got scolded for apparently throwing empty beer cans on the awening outside.

I hope he goes and soon, the guy looks like he could bench press a red oak tree but i'd still like to see him and Dick go toe to toe.

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
Well, one things for sure, I think this is a particularly interesting cast of characters. I don't remember being that interested in the show for a while. If I had the time, I would watch the live feeds, or Showtime, but there are only so many hours in the day. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

That's why i'm glad I only have the Showtime feed and not the web, if I had the freedom to watch these people 24/7 i'd be running to the computer every 10 minutes, I consider it a good thing that i'm limited to only three hours a day, it eliminates temptation. ;)

mike caronia

Second Unit
I've been watching the feeds. ha

Dick has really been a jerk to everyone since he got HoH.

Eric did a GREAT job on the current task.
Should be a funny show on CBS tomorrow night.
I won't spoil it for y'all. But don't miss it.

I'm still on the fence on Nick...not sure how genuine he is.
But he did go right at Dick yesterday....he certainly isn't easily intimidated.

I hate Kail. too bad she'll probably stick around past this thursday.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I think a lot of the diary room footage is manipulated, to make us feel a certain way about the people. I get a completely different take on some of the people from the Showtime show and the CBS show.

Jen for example, on Showtime, comes across as one of the smartest people in the house as far as game goes. She knows what is going on. She is also, as even Dick caught onto last night, a very insecure person who wears those outfits for attention. She admitted early on that for the first few days in the house had a lot of trouble fitting in and getting to know others in the house. Yet, on the CBS show, she just comes across as a stuck up airhead, which she isn't exactly.

Eric is supposed to be America's player, and we are supposed to be rooting him on I guess. But he comes off TERRIBLE on the Showtime show. I mean, he is there speaking with Jamika and some of the other females, yet every other word out of his mouth is F this, vulgar expression that. Does he have Tourettes or does he just not realize that he is offending them?

Amber is probably the most two faced person in the house. I watched her talk to Kail on Showtime, with Kail confiding in her about the alliance. Amber was "Oh, I feel so bad for you" and then she runs to tell Nick what she was saying, then going back to Kail to console her even more.

Nick is just an idiot, on both shows. I mean, Danielle has a boyfriend. Stop following her around like a puppy dog. It is pathetic.

Kail seems to be playing the game too hard. And that whole comment "I'd never recognize a gay person, unless they are wearing their make up", well, she needs to get out more.

Jamika seems like a nice person, but kind of boring. And she isn't a very good listener. Two nights this past week she was talking to someone (or, better yet, someone was talking to her). She sat there, kept saying "Uhh-hum....uhhh-humm" at regular intervals, clearly falling asleep and not listening. Kind of funny.

Dick is entertaining to watch, but I can see why Danielle has trouble with him. Abusive personalities may make for good TV, but not to live with in the house.

I seem to like Danielle more the more clothes she is wearing. Otherwise, I'm just worried by how skinny she was. She was hugging someone last night, and while it should have been a moment, I was just shocked by how skeletal her arm was.

I do like Dustin and Jessica (none of her robot stuff makes the CBS show) and Zach though. Although I wish Zach would keep his clothes on. I didn't need to see that Showtime After Dark moment the other night. And I think the producers should be ashamed of that Amber After Dark moment the other night. Totally unnecessary.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I hear you about Eric, Jon, what a potty mouth! My best friend said that he strikes her as a guy who was a dork in high school and is now attempting to come off cooler than he really is, and that whole thing last night with him flipping the Tara Reid clone (she's the only one that I can never remember her freakin' name lol) over was just an excuse to feel her up lol, although I can't blame him for that because she is hot.

I can't stand that knuckle dragger Nick, man I hate guys like him, he doesn't care that Danielle is involved with someone outside the house he is just selfishly pursuing her knowing the that the outcome will not be good for her. If I were Danielle's BF and I was watching that whole thing i'd be looking to climb the BB walls to get at Nick's throat.

About Danielle and Dick last night...

all of the tension between them came to a head last night in an outpouring of raw emotions that lasted a good 50 min or so with her sobbing and Dick trying to keep it together himself. I almost felt guilty watching it because it was such a private moment but it made for great watching. If their talk helps them in the long run than that's great but in general I think that it was cruel on BB's part to throw this enstranged father and daughter in the same house and watch them squirm and go at it.

But Dick is a good guy IMO, he doesn't seem to be violent or anything like that, he's just a grizzled screw-up who knows that he's messed up and now he's trying to work it out, although I honestly doubt that their long heart to heart made a dent in Danielle.

Great live feed last night, that segment anyway, the rest, especially that whole 'Dustin's BB Workout' was PAINFULLY boring to watch, i'm just glad I was working while I had it on so that I could divert my attention elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks