What's new

Big Brother 5 (1 Viewer)

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Isn't it funny how everyone on the jury got so bent out of shape about Drew being dishonest at times even though almost all--if not every single one of them--lied in the game to try to gain an advantage? This game, more than any of the others, requires players to lie. Fellow houseguests are always asking if they're safe, if you'll agree to go along with a plan, etc. There's nowhere to go and nothing to do to avoid answering, and telling the truth about everything is likely to get you booted sooner than later. Yet somehow the jury deluded themselves into believing that they had been so much more honest and admirable than the two left. (Sorry Karen but when the non-jury houseguests called you out for your sad-eyed act whenever someone left, they were dead on.) I got the impression that no one was upset at Diane, who played a good game but who also screwed over the most people. That may change when they see the tapes.
smile.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Loved it when Mike totally called out Karen for her gameplay inside the house. Karen was channelling Nicole (BB2) whenever she was filming her goodbyes to a potential jury member, though Nicole was more outlandish in her love for the ousted new jury member. Funny stuff.

So what did y'all think of this season of BB5? Was the ride worth the payoff? I still think I'd rank this season behind season 2 and season 3, and slot season 4 in 4th place, and BB1 in last place.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
quote:I understand her intent, but is strategical even a word? Does she even still have a strategical situation, after being voted out?

Well put! No, "strategic" is a word, but "strategical..." 'fraid not. No, I would have to speculate one no longer has a "strategical" anything after being voted out.

quote:I found it even harder to listen to the twins talk. They always tried to use bigger words than their respective vocabularies. It made them sound even worse than Cowboy.

I completely agree. Neither Natalie nor Adria could properly finish a sentence. Even if they began well -- giving false hope that what they were attempting to say would make SOME degree of sense -- everything fell apart as the malapropisms began pouring out of their mouths. If one doesn't have the most extensive vocabulary, that is acceptable. However, one shouldn't do oneself the further injustice of proving one's ignorance to the world, dare I say? "K.I.S.S." is a really fabulous motto in that situation: Keep It Simple, Stupid.
wink.gif
Compound that with Cowboy's whining, monotonous voice or with Nadria's loud, shrill bellowing and you have the makings for the soundtrack to a horror film.

Oh! And, Holly's voice may be worse than Cowboy's AND Nadria's... it's shrill, whiny, and drawn-out. "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellll..." It's like nails on a chalkboard.

BTW: What was up with Holly and Jase trying to prove to the world that two most overbearing guests (IMHO) on recent reality television (save Colin on TAR 5) can come together as one, unified front of obnoxious stupidity? Oh, well... perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, but it quickly turned into the Holly & Jase show upon their arrival. I couldn't help but FINALLY support Diane when she started laughing at Holly. Wow, Holly, what a prize -- you wound up with Jase! Best of luck with that dreamboat....

Bryan_O

Agent
quote:So what did y'all think of this season of BB5? Was the ride worth the payoff?

Overall, my wife and I enjoyed the season. There was definitely plenty of interesting personalities...

After everything was said and done, we were a little disappointed with the whole "project DNA". We thought there might be a few more twists and turns along the way. We thought maybe Drew's brother might show up, or something. I guess project DNA stood for do not assume there will be any more twists.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I second the "Will" question. I was curious, myself. I thought that Marvin and Will were actually friends inside of the house, as much as anyone else was?

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
quote:BTW: What was up with Holly and Jase trying to prove to the world that two most overbearing guests (IMHO) on recent reality television (save Colin on TAR 5) can come together as one, unified front of obnoxious stupidity? Oh, well... perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, but it quickly turned into the Holly & Jase show upon their arrival. I couldn't help but FINALLY support Diane when she started laughing at Holly. Wow, Holly, what a prize -- you wound up with Jase! Best of luck with that dreamboat

WTF happened to Jase's face? Not only did have tattooed eyebrows, but a forehead full of Botox. Was he spawned by Joan Rivers and Michael Jackson?

At first sight, I thought Jase was an extreme metrosexual. Then I thought maybe he didn't want to come out on tv, especially since BB had already cast "The Gay" player with Will. Maybe the real reason for the rift between him and Scott was that Scott didn't fall for Jase.

Or is the truth of it all, no one loves Jase as much as Jase does. He probably touches his monkey to photos of himself. Oh, me so horny, me love you long time.
biggrin.gif

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
TV Guide has an interview with Drew. Interesting, he and Ben were cast for the twin twist but decided not to go through with it:

quote:TVGO: As a twin yourself, what's your take on Adria and Natalie's "Project DNA" secret?

Drew: I feel like a total idiot for that, because I was actually cast with my twin brother to possibly do that.

TVGO: Wait, you and your brother, Ben, almost did the "twin twist"?

Drew: Yeah. We were actually really considering it. I don't know if we could have pulled it off like they did; they were really smooth about it. But when Natalie walked out that door, I was totally shocked. My brain was doing flips in my head. I didn't know what was going on. I was so happy for them to be in the house. I was kind of living through them, because I didn't have my twin brother with me.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Drew and his brother don't look enough alike to pull it off. BTW, Drew is supposed to be on The Bold and the Beautiful soon- not sure how many episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks