What's new

Big Brother 2 (1 Viewer)

Van Patton

Second Unit
I liked the first show although it was extremely stupid and corny at times. Well, tonight I caught the first show of BB2 and the people there are unappealable to me. To quote Stone Cold Steve Austin, "There just a bunch of silly bastards." We have this whore from Texas, I think, that looks like Brooke Burke that complains about not having a car and being on wellfare and yet she cries because she leaves on her own will a car contest to get a FREE Buick SUV. And then we have the token homosexual who is blatantly homosexual which is a turn off(no pun intended.) I identify most with Kent. I also like Hardy. He seems to have a quiet plan just like Richard Hatch. I think I might watch a few minutes or so of this on those live web cams now.
icon14.gif
because the shows production value and challenges plus house is better.
icon13.gif
for the selection of the people.
------------------

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator
Nicole will be first to go, good riddance. I'll probably regret that because last year they voted off the extroverts right off the bat and it was downhill from there. I still caught every episode. Owen

ryan_m

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I think the people are pretty boring. I was hoping for some hot chicks, but there's none IMO. Everyone is older it seems. I was on the old guy's side about the car contest (that girl was so lame for leaving the car after 90 mins and then being all pissy), but after those gay comments I'm glad he's sleeping on the floor. I mean how dumb to you have to be to actually make that statement about 90% of the population not wanting to be around gays (or whatever he said). His motto (from the cbs site) is "Make my family proud and be good to others", uhh yeah right.

Gerard Priori

Stunt Coordinator
I watched the show against better judgement and it was pretty much as I expected. I'll probably tune in fairly regularly as there's a "freak show" aspect of the whole proceeding that I find irresistible (as irritating as I'm sure the show will get).
There wasn't really anyone I liked on the show; I suppose I would have liked Bunky as he seemed nice enough, but his decision to remain as closeted as possible in the house irritates me to no end--though, I do understand his strategy. He was in the house less than one day and had to deal with the big-mouth homophobe, Kent, who was the only person on the show I can say I truly HATE and I hope he's the first one out of the house. (I have absolutely no tolerance for homophobia or closets.)
-Jerry

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator
How about Autumn, I mean, she's giving black single moms a very poor representation on the show. Let's see, she cried, bitched, moaned and threatened about the SUV outcome.She also humiliated herself by trying to make a booty call on a guy who is so far out of her league it's not funny and getting turned down for her trouble. Autumn and Nicole are real head cases, maybe we do want to keep them around. Owen

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member

Van Patton

Second Unit
OK the old guy in the "compound" Kent, I think, has gone like a 180 turn around. If you read his profile its like "I want to set an example of what I can be to my family," yada yada yada. Well now this guy is smoking, cussing, and taking "JC's" name in vain. lol
laugh.gif

"Aw hell, whos that good lookin' son of a bitch??? James Dean?? Nah, damn."
-A quote from Kent discussing movies.
"Richard Gere's got gerbils."
-A quote from Kent discussing movies.
------------------

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator
Well it's Sheryl and Nicole and now Sheryl needs to go. Mike's a genius. If everyone else (or most)are as smart as he is then Sheryl is gone because she's a bigger threat.If they are not so smart then they'll dump Nicole and let Mike off the hook for nominating Sheryl figuring he did it as a safe way to get rid of Nicole. Pure genius the likes of which I haven't seen since Richard Hatch left Rudy and the girl jock standing on poles on the beach while he snacked on some hors d'oeuvres.Outstanding! Owen

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator
It's gonna be 5 guys and 5 gals and Bunky. I guess the momentum stays with the gals. LOL Kent

Jodee

Screenwriter
I hate Kent. He is a bigot with his anti-gay rants and I hate how he decided right away to gang up with the men against the women.
I wish Mike would have nominated him. He can't leave the house soon enough, he is so offensive.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Kent is a jerk who is oblivious to how offensive he's being to the others. Can they withstand two weeks or more of him?
As for BB2, this forum hasn't exactly been ablaze with people talking about it. Is this true of the viewing audience too? Stupid CBS is now charging for the live feeds on the net, which I don't think is going to help them.
------------------
Read my reviews at www.dvdmon.com
Most recent reviews: Another Woman, September, Shadows and Fog, Alice, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Gray's Anatomy, Dogma: Special Edition
Most recent column: One Hundred and Counting

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator
This season's format is soooo much better than last.Three shows a week and two of them have voting critical to the outcome of the show.Last year one in five or six shows had an important vote.To contrast,Survivor has a critical vote every episode and I think that contributes to it's huge success. Owen

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
As a fan of the much-reviled last season, this IS much better.
They did a much better job of casting the show, and everyone seems to have a couple of different personas, depending on their situation. Where last season, the hamsters never forgot about the cameras, it seems like this season's bunch either forgot them 5 minutes into the house, or just plain don't care. If someone hasn't paired up and "done the deed" by the end of next week, I'll be surprised... :)
Shannon and Krista are still Babe-Supreme, but the male hamsters are right, Sheryl is a "Hot Mom". MILF! MILF! MILF! :D
Prediction for this week's eviction: Despite the editors making it start to look like Nicole will sway the group, she'll get the first ticket out...
------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
The ratings aren't looking to good for this one. Viewership dropped nearly 50% from ep. 1 to ep. 2. I also agree that they should not charge for the web viewing but they are digging their own grave.
------------------

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I watched more of last season's Big Brother than I probably should have. Even its train wreck appeal became less fascinating. This season is put together much better. And we're still getting as much airtime, just in fewer segments. Last summer's episodes were 30 minutes long, except for one hour long show per week.
The other important thing is now they have more time to edit to find what is more important. There's also a greater delay. I'm pretty sure they made that video on Friday, but it didn't turn up until last night's show.
The web feeds should be free, and I wouldn't be surprised if CBS changes their mind if ratings don't bear out. I strongly hesitate to pay for them--and haven't--but they do add some depth if you've watched them at all. (I would listen to the audio in the background while at work, although the interesting stuff happens at night.)
------------------
Read my reviews at www.dvdmon.com
Most recent reviews: Another Woman, September, Shadows and Fog, Alice, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Gray's Anatomy, Dogma: Special Edition
Most recent column: One Hundred and Counting

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I hope we don't have to see too much more of Will plucking his eyebrows. That guy is totally in love with himself.... but I like him.
It's too bad the live feeds are gone. I watched a bit of it last week, and although it was usually just them sitting around talking, it was kinda interesting to see both things that you knew would not make it on the show, and stuff that you know would.
I was watching when they got their Video assignment. Bunky so badly wanted to make an Oscar winning short (without any editing equipment), but then it turns out that Will and Mike took over and made what they were supposed to.
I wish Mike HAD guessed Filet O Fish and they were given McDonalds. That would have been hilarious.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks