What's new

Big Brother 16 - for the summerly bored... (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
EricSchulz said:
Is anyone else thinking that they are just throwing WAY too many of these "shocking gameplay twists" into the mix this season? It almost seems like there is NO strategy involved and it's all going to be "in the right place at the right time" more than anything else....
They're throwing way to many twists into the game. This has always been one of those shows that I just play in the background, so maybe missing a few things, but I find the double HOH very annoying.

Also thought the latest HOH competition was ridiculous. I prefer games of skill, not just roll a silly ball and hope you end up with the biggest score. Completely random and meaningless.
Devon needs to go next. There have been players in the past who were incredibly annoying, yet at the same time enjoyable to watch as their strategies unfolded. Devon is just way to unpredictable. Time to go so the game can settle down.The big alliances formed way to early. You need to get to learn people, maybe become friends, then start forming alliances.
As usual several players quietly playing under the radar. They could go pretty far, watching everybody else eliminate each other.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
And our long national nightmare is over.

Goodbye, Devon. :biggrin:
Oh so glad that situation is over. Certain players can be annoying (Nicole with her munchkin voice), but people like Devon go far beyond annoying. The house played that out very well, the whole back-door thing, and he was doomed.

I originally liked Caleb, but his Amber obsession is not going to go well. I'm guessing he'll be voted out in the next week or two.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Well got my last post completely wrong. Amber got the boot. But poor Caleb, delusions of grandeur in that guy's head. Still don't see him going much further.

Apparently commenting to myself, two weeks since the last comment, mine.
Wonder if BB is finally going to fade away. Never been one of my favorites, by-passed a lot of seasons, but for whatever reason decided to give this one a try.

Have no idea what the ratings are, but it will never top the "classier" reality shows like "Survivor" or my favorite, "The Amazing Race".

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So sad to see Amber go. She really got a raw deal...becoming an obsession of one of the power players in the house.

But, God bless her, she didn't cave to his wiles simply to expedite a better outcome in the game.

She seemed like a genuinely nice person--given her young age and inexperience in life.

Stan, I agree with you that BB will never come close to the Survivors & Amazing Races in terms of TV fare. But, I consider it to be pretty much light-weight summertime programming. I don't think it pretends to be much of anything else. It's fun!

I never thought I'd like it, but my son convinced me a few seasons ago to give it a try and I like it a lot. As I admitted earlier, I even watch the After Dark program quite often just to eaves drop on the house and get an idea of what's going on--outside of the edited material we are spoon-fed on the CBS broadcasts.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I recorded last night's After Dark program--but won't get a chance to watch it until tonight.

So, I should get the opportunity to find out who won the HOH competition. Want me to let you know?

I think I did this a couple times for you last season. :biggrin:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I recorded last night's After Dark program--but won't get a chance to watch it until tonight.

So, I should get the opportunity to find out who won the HOH competition. Want me to let you know?

I think I did this a couple times for you last season. :biggrin:
Definitely let me know. The HOH competition was hilarious. I even knew most of the answers. Love how Julie said "we're out of time" or whatever. What she really meant was it was a bad competition and she was out of questions.

Caleb definitely messed up Amber's game, what a clueless jerk. But she went out gracefully and was very polite. I sensed she was almost glad to escape and not be part of the house any longer.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Stan said:
Definitely let me know.
Here you (and anyone else who wants to know before Sunday's CBS broadcast) go!

It's an interesting result. Instead of the usual power brokers we've seen this season, this week's HOHs are: Donny and Nicole.

The opening scenes of the After Dark show showed the two of them meeting with various houseguests discussing their various strategies about whom they might put up. And then there were the usual power brokers trying to figure out that very thing on their own.

It should really shake things up this week! :biggrin:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Here you (and anyone else who wants to know before Sunday's CBS broadcast) go!

It's an interesting result. Instead of the usual power brokers we've seen this season, this week's HOHs are: Donny and Nicole.

The opening scenes of the After Dark show showed the two of them meeting with various houseguests discussing their various strategies about whom they might put up. And then there were the usual power brokers trying to figure out that very thing on their own.

It should really shake things up this week! :biggrin:
This could turn out to be a very interesting week. As pathetic as it sounds, I'm totally sucked into watching this season.

Thanks for the info.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Here's some more info I've gleaned while watching tonight's episode of After Dark.

Sorry that it's incomplete.

They were just holding the Power of Veto broadcast during the live airing of After Dark. When that happens we are not allowed to see any of the competition, but instead see the contestants who are not involved sitting inside a locked room (in tonight's case, the HOH room).

Included in the POV competition were:

Nicole--the HOH (apparently Donny was dethroned).

Jocasta

Victoria

Zack

Caleb

Christine

What I don't know is who among those people were the two who are on the block (maybe Zack & Victoria? Just a guess.).

The winner of the POV was:

Christine. And I have no idea if she would plan on using the POV on whomever the two "on the block" cast members are! :biggrin:

I know all of this because eventually, their door is unlocked and the participating cast members burst back into the house from the backyard and then they all talk a mile a minute about the competition and what happened and what they did right and wrong--filling in those who did not play. It's chaos!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Here's some more info I've gleaned while watching tonight's episode of After Dark.

Sorry that it's incomplete.

They were just holding the Power of Veto broadcast during the live airing of After Dark. When that happens we are not allowed to see any of the competition, but instead see the contestants who are not involved sitting inside a locked room (in tonight's case, the HOH room).

Included in the POV competition were:

Nicole--the HOH (apparently Donny was dethroned).

Jocasta

Victoria

Zack

Caleb

Christine

What I don't know is who among those people were the two who are on the block (maybe Zack & Victoria? Just a guess.).

The winner of the POV was:

Christine. And I have no idea if she would plan on using the POV on whomever the two "on the block" cast members are! :biggrin:

I know all of this because eventually, their door is unlocked and the participating cast members burst back into the house from the backyard and then they all talk a mile a minute about the competition and what happened and what they did right and wrong--filling in those who did not play. It's chaos!
This show is one of my guilty pleasures. Complete, total waste of time, but it's fun to watch as different personalities clash and crash, until there's a winner.

Thanks for the spoilers. It's really hard to ruin a game like this that is so bad to begin with, so even knowing what's coming up, doesn't detract from the fun of watching the train wreck.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow. I really had to go looking to find this thread. Nearly four weeks without a post!

==============

For anyone who wants to know ahead of the next broadcast, here's what happened in the HOH competition this week:

Caleb won the HOH. It was a nearly three hour long competition, I guess. The house guests are REALLY sore. Caleb's knee is all swollen up and his back is really biting him. All of them are really tired and fearing how much worse they are going to feel over the next couple of days. After he realized he had no chance of wining Derrick switched over to the $5000/5000 hollas jar and apparently won that. He keeps saying that $5k is going right into his daughter's college fund. There has been very little talk among the players about who might be going up (I'd have to figure Nicole would be one of those on the block). They can't stop talking about how much they hurt and about the short video of clips from home. Those clips really moved each and every one of them.

FWIW, I am really ready for Frankie to go home, Derrick to win the thing and for the fall TV season to get underway! :biggrin:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for reawakening this thread Mike.

For the first time, caught the final 90 minutes of the "After Dark" show, the competition was over, but finally picked up enough hints that I think I figured out who won, you confirmed it.My first After Dark this season. They all seem to get along surprisingly well.
I'm so glad Donny finally got sent packing. Geez, they've been trying for what, seven weeks? and he kept surviving? Ugh.It's going to get ugly the next week or two. I see Frankie definitely going home. My final three right now would be Cody, Derrick and Victoria. Victoria could make it to final two, but she hasn't really played the game. I don't think I've ever seen anybody so far under the radar get this far, she doesn't do a thing or make any waves. I think the jury will reward somebody who actually "played" and strategized, didn't just skate along unnoticed.
But this game can turn within minutes, so who knows where it will end up.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And a double eviction coming up Thursday!
rubbing-hands-in-excitement-smiley-emoticon.gif

Isn't After Dark kinda interesting? It's fun to watch them interact in an unedited forum.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
And a double eviction coming up Thursday!
rubbing-hands-in-excitement-smiley-emoticon.gif

Isn't After Dark kinda interesting? It's fun to watch them interact in an unedited forum.
This is almost like our own personal message board. Apparently BB must be "below" the standards of other forum members :rolleyes:
I'm enjoying this season, so will try and keep this thread alive. :D
I just remember back to the "Evil Dick" and his daughter season. That really ruined me on this show, took a long time to lure me back, but this has been a fun season.

My prediction, which of course will be totally wrong, Frankie and Caleb are sent packing.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
We watch it every season. It's the junk food of TV watching, but still somewhat entertaining watching all these people implode day by day.

Poor Donnie (sp). He's such a nice guy. I hope he gets his job back. I'm 99.999% sure he will win the "peoples choice" $$$$ on the series finale. He deserve it IMO.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Alf S said:
Poor Donnie (sp). He's such a nice guy. I hope he gets his job back. I'm 99.999% sure he will win the "peoples choice" $$$$ on the series finale. He deserve it IMO.
I think you can up those odds to 100%. :biggrin:

Frankie is such a narcissist, he is constantly stumped by Donnie's popularity.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Frankie has got to go.

He's so impressed with himself and that he's Ariana Grande's half-brother, he just assumes he will win.

Wrong.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Speaking of narcissist...have you watched Victoria whenever she leave the DR room after voting is done each week? EVERY single time she stops and stares at herself in the 2-way mirrors see how she looks.

Speaking of, sadly, odds are good she will be one of the final 2 and once she gets there, she will probably think she is the best most skilled BB player this whole season and I'm sure it will all go to her head. And as we all know, she did absolutely NOTHING. She is the definition of a floater.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Well bye bye ladies. Now the fighting and back stabbing shall commence within the Detonators (or whatever they are called). Victoria can jjust go hide out for the next several days and let the guys fight and bicker about their "plans" and then Victoria can just coast along to the finale, where she will be the second place winner most likely. Heck of a payday for doing absolutely nothing all season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks