What's new

Big Bang Theory (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

The reason matters not, he got laid by a remarkably hot woman and I always found it both funny and sad that such policies (such as Penny's friend had) tend to break down and don't apply to nerds etc.

I guess what i'm getting at is nerds do not get laid by women like her under any circumstance. :D

Sucks about the strike, hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Two words: Dennis Kucinich. *

Your honor, the defense rests.

* This reference is purely visual & comedic. It is not intended as political. This joke has not be approved or endorsed by any candidate or candidate's committee. ;)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Largely a really funny episode again, but I'm apprehensive of the direction Sheldon is being taken. He's being written as hyper OCD (as I interpret it). to the point that he's becoming simply mean -- even abusive -- to Penny. He's moving away from sympathetic geek and towards a character who deserves to be beaten up by Penny's ex and ostracized by his friends. I hope they're able to keep his character likeable.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show continues to be funny, enough to watch twice, from Sheldon's drink order (exacerbating to Penny) to him picking up Koothrappali's intended betrothed to Kooth's parents via web cam from India on his laptop getting into his business here in the US.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Still continues to be funny.
My favorite part was Sheldon's Diet Coke order/bickering with Penny.
and Howard's impersonation of Raj over the phone

YIKES!!!

ONE episode LEFT!!! :frowning:

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Was it just me, or did Penny look hotter than ever behind the bar at the restaurant?

They need to have more scenes there in the future. :)

I hope that since this show is doing good in the ratings (5.9/9) it will be able to survive the strike.

Jake Gove

Second Unit
I love this show, but I agree with DaveF - Sheldon is getting more annoying each episode. I am really starting to dislike the character and it seems unrealistic that his friends would be able to put up with him or even want him around.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

I agree with you too.

Within a group of friends there's always the annoying one, but no matter how annoying they are, if you've been friends for a long time, you just except them for their flaw(s).

Don't change a thing.

It's almost like a nerd version of the Odd Couple

Didn't Sheldon even say it this week to Leonard- "I'd get rid of you, if I could afford the rent by myself" or something to that effect.

So to Sheldon, Leonard annoys him, but the only thing holding him back is the rent :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Sheldon's only crime is that he's an extreme antisocial who is perplexed and annoyed at any change to his routines and the bubble that he's formed around himself. Penny's world and attitude is completely alien to him, I don't think he knows he's being a jerk, he just speaks and expects those around him to understand what he's saying.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Bullseye!

I personally think he sometimes has a point as Penny seems to forever be imposing herself on Sheldon & Leonard and disrupting their routine/schedule for one reason or another. But, again, that's part of what makes the show funny (and trigger's Sheldon's responses).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I also think that Sheldon has a touch of OCD and that causes him a lot of problems also. If he wasn't so particular about order and cleanliness he'd be a lot more loose with Penny, and others, I think.

I guess Sheldon is what you get when you combine extreme intellect with OCD, he's the bastard son of Albert Einstein, Adrian Monk, Myles Crane and just the slightest HINT of Gregory House. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks