What's new

BIC PL 980 5.1 system... (1 Viewer)

rzrbckrugby21

Auditioning
Real Name
Jarett Lauber
I am currently looking to upgrade my current 5.1 system. I really only need L/C/R and surrounds. I just upgraded my sub with a PL-200. And for the record it sounds absolutely amazing. I have quite a few friends that live overseas and talk about the BIC America line up, specifically the Acoustech level. I had never heard of them but started doing research and took a gamble when I found the PL-200 for $200 on sale on Amazon. Now that I have played with the sub for roughly 300 hours I have to say it hits levels I have not heard or more importantly felt, outside of an actual theater.

All of that said, I am curious if anyone has the Acoustech 5.1 system or any of the speakers individually, (L/R) PL 980, (C) PL 28ii, or (surrounds) PL 66. I have exhausted all possible stores in my area and no one has availablity to these speakers for me to demo....uuugggghhhhh. I am currently running Yamaha NS 777 as fronts NS 444 as center and NS 555 as surrounds and PL 200 for my sub. So would this be a step up from what I currently have or not really? Also I am open to any suggestions.....my budget is 1500 for new speakers.

Real Name
Thomas Roberts
I have the PL-28ii center and the PL-66 surronds. I dont have the PL 980 towers but I do have the PL-89 towers. I love these speakers.

rzrbckrugby21

Auditioning
Real Name
Jarett Lauber
I have the PL-28ii center and the PL-66 surronds. I dont have the PL 980 towers but I do have the PL-89 towers. I love these speakers.

Awesome!! Thanks for the info. It is my understanding that the PL 980s are the replacement for the PL 89 towers.

Real Name
Thomas Roberts
In my opinion, you cant go wrong with either one, the PL-89 or PL-980. I paired my Acoustech speakers with a HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP subwoofer and love the way movies sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks