What's new

BIC Acoustech (1 Viewer)

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Thanks for the kind words, Northgun. :) I have given thought to wireless kits, but somehow I never got around to it. Yes, those slim Onkyos do, indeed, put out some very loud and deep bass in my home. I tried out some KLH subs back at the turn of the millennium, but after they did not last as long for me, after using two of them, I decided, at that point, to try out a BIC Acoustech H100. That would be my sub for nearly six years, from March 2005 until January 2011. I was forced to change the fuse in September 2006, but then the sub itself just gave out on me. That is when, at that point, once I had the money to do so, after a year, to finally bring in a new sub. Since my receiver is an Onkyo, that I decided to bring in, besides my first Onkyo sub, a Cerwin-Vega I found for cheap at a pawn shop which delivered the goods well. That allowed me to move the Onkyo into the opposite front corner, allowing me to have a 7.2 setup in my main unit. However, the CW failed me after the holidays in 2012, I brought in a second Onkyo as a matchup of sorts in time for Super Bowl XXXXVII. Once I had two subs once more, all was strong and well in my unit.

Yes, I always like to save for something as significant as an audio makeover in particular. That helps me to build anticipation throughout the year, and then, come holiday time, I am all set and ready to go to help my Yule Tide gladding's be that much more :) merry and bright!!!!! :)

Why not talk it over with the missus regarding the home theater equipment set aside fund???? Who knows??? After all, one can never tell what wonderful just may come... ;)

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
My wife got a good laugh when I told her I wanted to start a home theater fund, but she let me do it. It'll be nice to be able to afford to add to the setup at another point in the year instead of just tax season. That being said though, I am very excited about adding to my system next month.

I've given a lot of thought to putting a wireless subwoofer kit on my second JBL sub since my other one has wireless built in and I love it. I decided to wait this year and see if anything new comes out in that arena, but I will be getting one for my buttkicker setup since having a wire that can discount so easily is a pain. It'll make things so much easier.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Cool. Just as I thought. Besides tax season, saving up during the year can be a very wonderful thing which builds anticipation. Yes, I can see how and where having wireless can, indeed, make a difference, especially when it comes to something like a buttkicker setup. Here is where something like a fund can, indeed, make a difference. Also, it can help you to be on the lookout for something that can come to pass and help this out in such a regard. Knowing those extra dollar$$ are on standby for when that time comes can make things that much more easier--and fun as well.

jo83ben

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Hey guys! any one have experience with the FH line? I like the PL line and might get the PL28II center and the PL-89II towers, then doing FH6-LCR or FH-65B as my four surrounds. Subs will be either F12's or PL200's Besides keeping cost down, i also like the design/look of the FH speakers mentioned above over the PL series surrounds. They seem like they are designed for wall mount, which isn't really what i'm looking for.

Would these two series from BIC mix well? Would anyone recommend an all FH line set up? Or for that matter the DV series. They look really nice, but lack the horn tweeters (which I think I like, since i really liked the klipsch i listened to at best buy).

I do have two pioneer andrew jones bookshelves and they are awesome, so thats another option to build off of, but I can't stop looking at the BIC's. Any help would be appreciated!

jo83ben

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
So doing a complete FH setup might be a good compromise between the PL and DV series if i want the horn tweeter sound but with the DV price? I'd commit to the PL series if they still made the PL-76 or a normal surround speaker. I'm just not a fan of the PL-66 design.

Art0321

Auditioning
Real Name
Art
Hi! Just bought a PL-200 sub and need to connect wirelessly. Tried connecting it with Rocketfish universal sub wireless kit and it just didn't do it. Too much of latency and disruptions. Was wondering if anyone would recommend a specific Wireless kit or possibly BIC has one just for its' subs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks