What's new

BIC Acoustech (1 Viewer)

agrojean

Auditioning
Hey Northgun,Just order the pl89. Will be here Friday. Can't wait. How are yours doing? Any advice on break in period? Thanks again!!

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Thanks for sharing!!!! Those photographs are very lovely and I like how these speakers look. :) I will be going with the BIC Acoustech PL-89II towers in the coming year as part of my planned major speaker makeover. I will also bring in a BIC Acoustech PL-28II for the center channel speaker, a pair of PL-66's for the rear surrounds and a PL200 to become my left subwoofer. I have used BIC Acoustech speakers in my main unit since January 2005, beginning with the HT-65 center channel speaker, followed by the H100 subwoofer two months later, and I have not looked back since!!! I presently use the BIC Acoustech HT-75 tower speakers and HT-63 surround speakers in my main unit and they more than deliver the goods!!!! :)

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
agrojean said:
Hey Northgun,Just order the pl89. Will be here Friday. Can't wait. How are yours doing? Any advice on break in period? Thanks again!!
Im still very impressed with these. Im not quite sure how long the break in period is. On the 82is i have it took two months

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Sounds like you have your eyes set on quite a set up there tina! Your current setup sounds pretty nice as well. I too plan to get the same center channel u r going to get. Ill be getting it in december at the latest.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
I just got done hooking up my new BIC Acoustech PL-28II Center Speaker. I absolutely love it so far. Have you gotten yours yet agrojean?

agrojean

Auditioning
Well so far I've got the pl-200, pl-26, and the pl-89. They are awesome. My dad has some Klipsch synergy series and the acoustech blow them away. Do u think there's much differenec between the pl-28 vs the pl-26. Next I'll be getting the pl-66 for surrounds. How's your system coming. The best thing about these speakers are they deliver amazing audio at ever volume whether loud or quiet.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
agrojean said:
Well so far I've got the pl-200, pl-26, and the pl-89. They are awesome.
You've got a really good start going there! Must sound really good! Hows the pl-200 working out for you?
agrojean said:
Do u think there's much differenec between the pl-28 vs the pl-26.
The difference between the pl-26 and pl-28 is not huge by any means. The pl-26 sports 6.5 inch woofers, a 375 watt peak, and a frequency range of 32 Hz to 20 kHz. The pl-28 has 8 inch woofers, a 500 power peak, and a frequency range 30Hz-23kHz. There is also a slight difference is the sensitivity of the two units. The fact that you have a subwoofer probably means you have a crossover frequency set that is 80 Hz or higher so the pl-28's ability to put out some lower sounds is rendered useless. So there really isn't a huge difference, but the pl-28 is a bit better.
agrojean said:
How's your system coming. The best thing about these speakers are they deliver amazing audio at ever volume whether loud or quiet.
The system is coming along wonderfully. With the addition of the pl-28, I'm done buying speakers. In the next few weeks I'll be buying a new pre-amp. I'll be either getting the Emotiva UMC200 or the Sherbourn Pt-7030. Quite excited about that. I'll also be picking the Dune 3D Base unit and putting a 3 TB Hard Drive in it.

I couldn't agree more about the delivery of the amazing sound at all levels from these speakers. I've been quite impressed myself. You'll have to let me know how good pl-66s are. I'll be installing some of those for a client in February, but won't have a chance to really test them. I'm sure they'll impress too. What are your plans for your system after the pl-66s or are those the last addition?

agrojean

Auditioning
To answer your question about the pl-200, you would have to spend 700 plus to get a sub with the same amount of output. I have noticed their are a couple frequency responses it doesn't deliver as well. But for a sub at that price you will get nothing close to it for the price. So u don't think I would notice any difference getting the bigger center. I have yet to order the pl-66 because I still have my original surrounds. But will in the next few months. As far as being "done" with the system, we both know it will never end!!! Have you pulled the drivers out of your speakers yet? What's your thoughts on 5.1 vs 7.1. My room set up really limits my ability to have a 7.1.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Thats great to hear. Not sure I'll get them, but a friend of mine is getting one soon, so maybe after I hear his I may want to replace my JBL subs. I would love to hear some more out the subs though.
Yeah, my wife pointed out the fact that she realized I'll probably never be done as well lol.
I currently am running a 7.2 setup and really enjoy it. Before I upgraded my receiver I was running a 6.1 setup. I do prefer the 7.2 to the 6.1 by far. I have never personal owned a 5.1 setup, but have heard quite a few of them. I prefer the 7.2 setup because I feel it gives a better "surround sound feel", but truth be told a lot of the movies and TV shows are not setup for 7.2. Most of them are setup for 5.1. That being said, more and more movies and TV shows are being produced in 7.1. I'd imagine as time goes on they move onto 9.1 and so on.

I think you would really enjoy a 7.1 or 7.2 setup.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Nope, I like my current setup of Andrew Jones Pioneer's with the PL-200.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Northgun said:
Sounds like you have your eyes set on quite a set up there tina! Your current setup sounds pretty nice as well. I too plan to get the same center channel u r going e get. Ill be getting it in december at the latest.
Thanks, Northgun!!!! :) I really enjoy my BIC Acoustech speakers. Movies and etc. do, indeed, sound wonderful through the BIC Acoustech speaker system I have set up in my main unit. :D Once I make my move to the PL-89II series later this year, I will also be bringing in a new HT receiver to compliment the transition. Yes, Northgun, those PL-28 center channel speakers do, indeed, sound sensational!!!!! I am so glad that you are enjoying yours!!!!! :) When my new PL-28II arrives later this year, my incumbent PL-28 will be moving to the cave along with a pair of HT-75's to cover the front-end channels there!!!!!! :)

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Tina_H_V said:
When my new PL-28II arrives later this year, my incumbent PL-28 will be moving to the cave along with a pair of HT-75's to cover the front-end channels there!!!!!!
That is going to be an awesome day for you! You'll have two really good setups going! What subwoofers are you using for your main setup and the second setup? I know you said you had one PL200. Just curious what else your using.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Northgun said:
That is going to be an awesome day for you! You'll have two really good setups going! What subwoofers are you using for your main setup and the second setup? I know you said you had one PL200. Just curious what else your using.
Oh, no, I don't have the PL200 just yet. For now, I am going with a pair of compact Onkyo powered subwoofers which, for now, are more than delivering the goods. :) I will move one of the Onkyos into the cave once the PL200 does eventually arrive. The sub I am using there happens to be a small Techwood PSW109 powered subwoofer. I picked it up on the cheap during the 2006 Holidays and has remained in use in the cave ever since!!! Interestingly, it has lasted me well for over seven years--much longer than any of the powered subs I have owned throughout my years in this wonderful hobby of ours thus far!!!! :) Yes, I am looking forward to making the receiver and speaker makeovers count and happen this year. Then, I'll really be smoking in my two super setups. Besides my annual $anta $avings, I will also set up a separate savings repository for the audio upgrades. What a better time to get that started than right now at the beginning of the new year!!!!???? :D Thanks for asking, Northgun!!! :)

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Tina_H_V said:
Oh, no, I don't have the PL200 just yet. For now, I am going with a pair of compact Onkyo powered subwoofers which, for now, are more than delivering the goods. :)
O ohk, I mis-understood an earlier post then. Everyone I have talked to says the pl-200 are amazing so far, so I'm sure you'll love it too when you get yours. A friend of mine as well as a client of mine are both having me install their home theater for them in February and both of them are getting the pl-200 for their sub so I'll get to hear them personally next month. I've heard a lot of good things about Onkyo subs so I'm not surprised those are doing the job for now :) I too have an older sub like your techwood that is a less known brand, but has stood the test of time and use. I have a KLH subwoofer from 2004 that still sounds pretty good. Its currently retired and waiting for me to put together my second system. I won't be doing that for a couple years though, no room in my current house.
Setting aside a fund for home theater buys sounds like fun and a great idea! I normally wait until tax season for my largest home theater buy of the year and then I usually scrap together some money over the summer to do a smaller buy. I wonder what my wife would think if I set aside money for a home theater equipment fund :)
Have you tried any wireless kits out for your subwoofers yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks