bhphotovideo.com reliability

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Josh Varghese, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Josh Varghese

Josh Varghese Stunt Coordinator

Hi I was recently pointed to www.bhphotovideo.com

I was planning on ordering all my new JBL speakers from JandR but B&H is a little cheaper and offers free 3 day shipping. Just looking for some feedback from HTFers who might have used them before. Reliable?

Thanks
    Josh
    no1jmv@mail.utexas.edu

2. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

B & H is one of the only New York dealers I would buy from. I've bought photographic stuff from B & H and they're great. I've also bought stuff from J and R. They're also very good.

3. JerryCulp

JerryCulp Stunt Coordinator

I second B&H for photo stuff.
    I bought a fairly expensive refurb Canon lens from them and it was PERFECT! Absolutely no way you tell it was a refurb.

4. Chuck Watwood

Chuck Watwood Stunt Coordinator

I am a photographer in the Midwest. I highly recommend B&H Photo/Video. As stated above, they are the only NY supplier I trust. I got burned by another that I won't mention. They are always courteous, reliable, and knowledgeable. I have ordered many photo products from them and have never had a problem. They are to be trusted.

5. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

same here..good place!

6. Bill_Wil

Bill_Wil Stunt Coordinator

Before you place the order you better recheck the prices. I dont know which JBL's you were looking at but the ones I checked were all cheaper at jandr.com
    For instance the S-310II at jandr are $398 a pair and at bhphoto theyre $460 a pair. I also checked some of the bookshelf speakers and they were also cheaper at jandr.

7. Josh Varghese

Bill,

I was looking at all Northridge speakers. They were all priced lower than JandR after using the "click for lower price" function.

8. Bill_Wil

Sorry Josh, I see that you're right about that. I was looking at the studio series speakers. I just wanted to make sure you were getting the best deal you can. I'm glad that I was mistaken. Good luck with the new speakers. I'm also a JBL fan.

9. Josh Varghese

Hey no problem at all. I appreciate you lookin' out for me. Now all I have to do is decide on N24IIs or N26IIs for surrounds. The N26s don't cost much more but the size might be a bit too large for easy placement and/or mounting.

10. nigel_h

nigel_h Auditioning

I bought a DVD player from BH and had no problems.

11. Bill_Wil

Josh, which speakers are you getting for the front anyway? Are you getting floorstanders like the N38II's or something?

12. Dom P.

Dom P. Stunt Coordinator

I puchased my Sony 3300 remote from them.. great price and fast shipping. I give them [​IMG]

13. Bill_Wil

Josh,
    This past Sunday (Sept. 14th) I ordered a JBL S-CenterII from B&H Photo. It had free shipping so I wasn't expecting it to arrive for about 7 days even though it says 3-day shipping. To my surprise it arrived today (Tuesday Sept. 16th) at noon time. Just thought you might want to know if you havent ordered yours yet.