What's new

bfd test tone disc (1 Viewer)

Dan Magnin

Stunt Coordinator
to all whom of which utilized the bfd to equalize their subwoofers....what is the preferred test tone cd to use in conjunction with the bfd? I finally hooked up the 1124p to my system and made adjustments based upon readings of the radio shack sound meter and personal preference via good ol' fashioned listening. It made a huge improvement especially on the lower/lowest end to the point where I was able to find things in my dedicated theater room that vibrated like never before. Those objects were eventually tended to and problem solved. I'm aware of the sound meter having value reading issues and am trying to obtain the correct values based upon my findings. I just want to better utilize the bfd for what it is capable of doing. My readings on the internet bring me to hometheatershack.com but my main email is at yahoo.com and there is indication that requested info from them is difficult in obtaining due to their problems with sending that info to yahoo and aol and hotmail.com. I'm stuck for now, please help. thanks much.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Look up a program called Room EQ Wizard (REW). This will help you get the most out of your BFD. It also has built-in test tones. Also, if you search around there are correction tables available for the Radio Shack meter. They are not perfect as there is some amount of variability in each meter, but it should get you close.

Brian_cyberbri

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, go for Room EQ Wizard. It's a freeware program for your computer that lets you hook the computer's output to your receiver or the sub/BFD, and the mic/SPL meter into the computer, and take instant measurements.

www.hometheatershack.com is the place to go for it, as they have the tutorial guide plus lots of support in a dedicated forum for both BFD and REW.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks