BFD frequency points...?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chris hunigan, Feb 19, 2001.

1. chris hunigan

To all of the BFD owners,
    I was wondering where you placed your freq points where you cut or boosted your levels. For example, you boosted or cut 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75 Hz, which contains one channel of the BFD. I know that each room "Is not created equal", but I want to get a good idea on the type of approach that you went with....
    cree

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It's totally dependent on your frequency humps within your room. There's no hard or fast rule as to where the frequencies that need to be tamed should be set.
    ------------------
    PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; Sunosub I + III ; DVDs ; LDs

3. Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson Supporting Actor

Patrick said it all.
    For instance, my major correction was to remove a 16 db spike (or room hump) at 42 Hz. I think most rooms probably have a spike somewhere. But a larger room may have a lower spike and a smaller room higher. What someone else does would have no bearing on what is needed in your situation.
    You should run the frequency sweeps in your room, measure them and correct accordingly. Otherwise, you're doing yourself more harm than good with a BFD.
    Deane