What's new

Bewitched Season 6?? (1 Viewer)

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Love the artwork. Everyone looks great on it, esp Agnes Moorehead! Can't wait to get it :)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Mike P, I read the same thing and I agree, it is more maroon than pink but they are generally in the same area on the color wheel. And like JohnMor pointed out, those mini-sodes are the extra features on the discs, which I think is ridiculous.

But, thank heaven we aren't getting the green and gold cover like Germany!!! EEEK!

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau

Well, hold your breath, David! This is how the french edition from Belgium looks like:

Same use of weird colors, like the german edition.
Street date in Belgium is March 27th. Lucky guys! :frowning:

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I'd say lucky!! but also, the colors on that one are OK as they are not as bright.

I must say it's really satisfying seeing how big BW is around the world!

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
As I've said, I feel the Death of Marion Lorne,loveable Aunt Clara is really what started the show on it's downhill spiral. Then Dick York leaving.

Seasons 6-7-8 really just seem like a "self-parody" of the series eariler better shows.. I was surprised to hear that even with the ratings slide ABC still wanted a 9th seasons! Thankfully Liz and Bill Asher had good sense NOT TO.

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
I agree.. Aunt Clara really was a great character in the show and Dick York but since I have not seen many of the later seasons this is going to be a treat for me. I do have all of the seasons of Bewitched so far. Does anyone know when I Dream Of Jeannie Season 5 is going to be released?? I have been searching for news like crazy and I just can't find anything.. I have been really wanting it to come out soon so that I can have my series FINALLY complete.. My goodness what is taking them so long to bring it out.. You would think that we would have some news or pre-order info since it takes so long to come out anyway before now.. I am kind of worried about it but I know that they would not forget the last season. Anyway I tried to pre-order Bewitched Season 6 from Amazon but it sais that it is not up yet.. Did they take it down? I really can't wait to pre-order it, I have been waiting for it, which seems like forever...

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike

Hi Brandy,

My guess is IDOJ Season 5 final Season will be out about 2 months after Bewitched Season 6...so expect July... Season 4 came out 2 months after Bewitched Season 5 ... that's what I am thinking...then Bewitched Season 7 may be out by November or December... it seems like Sony is getting longer and longer... Season 1 came out in June 2005, then Season 2 Oct. 2005 which was 4 months... Season 3 came out in March 2006 which was 5 months, Season 4 came out in Oct. 2006 which was 7 months and Season 5 came out in July 2007 which was 9 months and with Season 6 USA in May is 10 months... so it could be April next year of 2009 before Season 7 of BW is released... anyways, IDOJ will be out this year regardless!! :)

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
Thanks for your responce!! I know what you mean about it taking longer and longer every year, that is what I mentioned in another forum but I can't wait to have these complete. There is not many episodes of the later seasons of Bewitched that I have seen. I am only 23 and growing up Bewitched would come on cable all the time but now I never see them at all now but when I did most of them were the earlier seasons. I did not even know about a second child being born on Bewitched, Adam, until getting internet a few years ago and researching all of the TV shows that are my favourites. I am so disappointed that there may not be a Leave It To Beaver Season 3, I really want the rest of the seasons. Universal also did the same thing with Mama's family with not releasing season 2 so I don't understand. I heard that it may be because some or all of the episodes are cut nut I don't know if that is why or not. It just don't make since to me! Anyway I can't wait to get Bewitched Season 6 and I Dream Of Jeannie Season 5 on DVD, I just hope it doesn't take three more years for Bewitched to be complete since it is taking longer and longer every year.. :-D

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike

Hi Brandy I know what you mean, as I too am a huge fan of these sitcoms...I am in my early 30s and I didn't see these as a kid, but saw them when I was an undergrad at the Uni... and want all of them for my personal collection... It makes me a bit upset about Mama's Family... I loved that show... I always thought Iola's character would make a good Gladys Kravitiz for the movie bewitched which I was disappointed in!! I think they should do another movie and have Erin Murphy play Samantha... She looks a bit like her... I think we will have BW released by decades end though...if not u can always do what I did and buy a Multi Regional Free DVD player and order the complete series of BW And IDOJ from Japan...

I think as for Extras on BW 6 they should have done what David suggested and included something as to why Dick York left BW...

What angers me is many websites say York was a drug addict and in my opinion he wasn't a drug addict like some of these websites say... he just had a lot of Back Pain, and had to leave the show... He was a great guy who in later life wanted so much to help homeless people... But it would be nice to include that in an extra...

I always wonder what the 9th season of BW would have been like since ABC wanted it... In some ways I wish they did, but I can see why Liz left... I would have liked to see Tabitha in school and see Adam use more of his powers, as I believe he was a warlock at least I think... I don't remember the final season that much...

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Here is the back cover for the DVD set which I found at thebewitchedcollector.com.

Notice that the "Mini-sodes" are of "The Partridge Family" and "I Dream of Jeannie", essentially previews...."Special Features" my fat aunt Harriet! I can't read the name of the IDOJ episode though...anyway, I'M SO EXCITED for Season 6!

I should like to make mention of the fact that Sony actually used SEASON 6 pictures for SEASON 6!!!

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Oh no!!!!! :frowning:
Thanks to you, David, I have now the official specs on that 6th edition.
Remember I was so happy that for the first time, Sony TriStar made that box set suitable for french canadian customers (and we are 7 millions) by including the french dub, as promoted on the TV Shows On DVD web site... well seems like it was only a dream. I am so disappointed to find out the thruth about the languages available. I wish we had a typical Canadian edition with only english , spanish and french, available only in my country.:frowning:

I never could understand why Sony encourage french canadians to buy region free DVD players and their own DVD stuff in the Europeen market?

If you'd like to know how I feel about this, just imagine if Sony was only releasing Bewitched in the Europeen maket only and not in the US. Months after months after years, you could witness the seasons would be out there for fans but not in the US. Frustrated, you would be - I can assure you.

The only positive fact about this non-french release is that I'll get the Belgium March 27 edition instead, in less than a month from now!:emoji_thumbsup: ....And yes, I'll have to cope with that ugly orange+green box!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Martin, I cannot believe that they do not put French on the "North American" release. That is awful. And stupid. R1 should be English, Spanish & French as a base, and then additional languages as the maker can afford or has available. But you at least want to get all the potential basic buyers in that region.

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau

Thank you so much for your moral support, John!;)
I appreciate your comment, and coming from an american resident, I am delighted that you get my point. This is the way Sony should think with marketing products for specific territories. I know that french is not an american issue but it is still one on Canada's official language along with english. Sony TV products are always insulting a part of Canada when they insist ignoring french customers.

Maybe you don't know that, but last december, Sony re-released season 1 of Bewitched as a market test for Canada and they included FRENCH audio instead of the PORTUGESE audio. I know a lot of people that where very happy to get it even 2 years after the first release.

When I saw that there was french audio listed in the audio specs of TVShowsOnDVD, I thought to myself: Gee! They finally got that right! thinking that the market test prooved that the re-release had made great sales towards the french speaking consumers.

Later this evening, I emailed Sony to know if there will be a different canadian season 6 edition just like the re-released of season 1. I have almost no hope on that, though.

I just ordered the Belgium edition. It's $30 tax and shipping included, directly in my mailbox. I'll let you know guys about the quality, in the first week of april.
:crazy:

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

Well, it seems to me that Sony is NOT thinking. R1 is described as Bermuda, Canada, the Cayman Islands, the United States and U.S. Territories. Now, FRENCH is a major language in Canada. How can it not be a base on all R1 releases. I just don't get it.

I actually thought Mexico was part of R1, but it isn't. I just looked it up and it's R4. So technically, why are they even including Spanish on the R1 releases then?! Oh yeah, for all the Spanish speaking people in the U.S. So why no French for all the French speaking people in Canada?

Let us know how the quality is, Martin. How does the $30 price compare to the price of the R1 if you were to buy that one?

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau

If I was to buy the same box set in Canada, I would pay it between $35-$40.
So, in this case, buying it in Belgium is cheaper, effortless and I get it earlyer than the US release!

I would still prefer to have the R1 DVD especially because of the PAL transfer that makes the program running faster. Voices are always high pitched and the musics plsy faster too. :frowning: I don't like this at all.

Any ways, I emailed the people at TVShowsOnDVD to ask about the specs they received from Sony and they will look with them eventually to see if FRENCH is still available or not on season 6. At the moment, they persist on saying that there will be french audio on this one. I'll just keep my fingers crossed...

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too, Martin. It's ridiculous that they would have the subtitles in French but not the audio when it is available...but then again it's ridiculous that they don't have the original sponsor openings and credits when those are available...

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Gee, Thanks David! :) I would never have thought to receive such positive support from members of the forum because of our need to have a French audio track on DVD. Many years ago, when French Canadian were fighting to get those on DVD, along with English and Spanish, US residents were not that positive about the aspect of losing some space on the disk for an extra language track. Many thought that this third track would diminish the picture quality of the program. They probably didn’t know that in Europe, most of the DVD do have 4 to 6 audio tracks on each products. They also have a dozen of subtitles. DVD manufactured in the US never pushed that limit. It is just too bad Canada almost never manufacture their own DVDs with , at least, the basic contain of the two official language of the country, which are English and French. Most of the DVD products are manufactured in the US. In the land of TV shows DVD from Sony Tristar, it’s an insult to the French consumers to find out that instead of French language track, we find Portuguese. I have nothing against the Portuguese community but they do not represent the official language of Canada.

Yes, original broadcast sponsor openings are a thrill to see. Those extended music versions are so fun to hear, thanks to You Tube members. It must be some kind of commercial rights that make them impossible to be included as a special feature. I believe that if they were available as a bonus, we would get to pay a higher price for the box sets. I think I would prefer that Sony puts all the effort into a remastered video and audio for the season 6-7 and 8 avoiding the deception we had with season 5 picture quality.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
The thing that burns me up about the sponsor openings, is that all the sponsors are still in business. You can't tell me they wouldn't be willing to pay a nominal fee toward the restoration of the credit sequences and include them on the DVD episodes as BUILT-IN ADVERTISING. I mean, if I ran Oscar Mayer (for example) I'd jump at the chance to pay a little $ to restore the opening and then have it appear on several episodes, and voilà: a free commercial everytime someone watches the DVDs! But I guess that takes a little imagination to pitch that idea.

When you think that Chevy and Ford and Oscar Mayer and Quaker Oats and all the others are still in business and could use some cheap promotion, why not??

I mean, I've seen some restored, color-corrected openings from 16mm prints and they look great. It can't be that expensive to do it.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I interrupt this discussion to bring you a sigalert from The Bewitched Collector:

I attended the BW convention in Salem in 2006 and it was AWESOME!! This one will be too as we will be going to the Warner lot where the facade of 1164 stands, a tour of Sunset-Gowers Studio where BW was filmed, not to mention that there will be some special guests such as Gina Meyers, author of "The Magic of BW Trivia" and Erin Murphy aka Tabitha and Heather Woodruff (one of Durwood's secretaries named Betty). Of course, they will appear 'schedules permitting'.

The Bewitched Collector aka Mark, did an awesome job of putting together the convention in Salem and I know this one will be every bit as spectacular. Plus it's just awesome meeting BW fans face to face because I don't know about you all but I don't know anybody in my personal life or at work that likes the show.

I now return you to your regular Season 6 discussion....

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
I think this forum is great for sharing our passions. Let me introduce you my own homage to that great TV classic Bewitched.

I just created a new Bewitched opening and remixed the music theme with the use of the end music theme from seasons 3 and 7 to get a stereo effect.

Just click here for the true stereo version and get that volume high!

Hope you enjoy!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

(new link corrected nov. 17th)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks