What's new

Bewitched Season 4? (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
FINALLY found a copy of S4. I went to BestBuy on 10/24 and they were sold out. And they didn't have it on subsequent visits. I went to Target by chance for something else last night and they had one lone copy. Was there a distribution problem with this set for some reason?? Oh well--at least we're halfway done at last. I wish they'd speed up the delivery of the last four seasons so we can them all in 2007.

fireflame

Agent
Real Name
Ross Gardiner
They might speed up the realeases when we get in to the sargent years.
They will probably want the releases over and done with and they probably will not cancel the series because they know there will be endless complaints.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
So, I'm going to totally show myself to be the BW-freak that I am but I thought this was cool!

I was watching "The Safe and Sane Halloween" and noticed that one of the bottles on Tabatha's dresser is the Bewitched Magic Feeding Bottle that was produced as a toy during the second or third season.

I created a graphic to show what I see:

This scene is right after the goblin disappears.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Here's to hoping that we hear news very shortly about Bewitched Season 5 coming to DVD now that I Dream of Jeannie Season 3 was announced!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'm more interested in all those Hanna-Barbera dolls that Tabitha has. Ricochet Rabbit is prominent in the picture above, but she also had Wally Gator and a couple more. I wonder if they were gifts from Hanna Barbera after Elizabeth and Dick appeared on the "Flintstones?" Notice that Ann-Margret appeared on "The Flintstones," and she's got Fred & Barney dolls in her bedroom in "Bye Bye Birdie," as well as other Hanna Barbera memorabilia throughout that film.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I think some of it has to do with the fact that they were on "The Flintstones" but more so for the fact that Hanna-Barbera did the opening credits for BW. I believe in some episodes Tabatha's shelves have a Pebbles doll sitting on them.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
Also Flintstones was a Screen Gems presentation and Screen Gems is a part of Columbia Pictures. So, I just think that it was the cross promoting on the part using Flintstones, Bewitched and Bye Bye Birdy

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Good for you! Season 4 is so great, probably the best out of the whole series!

Now in other BW related news...earlier in the thread I mentioned how the Canadian TV series "FANatical" filmed pieces at the BW convention in Salem. Well that show is on YouTube!! It focuses on Mark Simpson, the BW collector...his collection is amazing! The other person focused on is Gina Meyer's, author of "The Magic of BW Trivia and More". Check it out!

The show is split up into three clips which I have posted in order.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Also, am I mistaken, or does Tabatha have a "Tabatha" doll on her shelves through most of the fourth season? It sure looks like one!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
This is a great Elizabeth Montgomery commercial. The first few seconds show the Bewitched set behind the scenes and you can see where the sets of the house actual were in relationship to each other as well as where Liz's dressing room was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSeZ3...elated&search=

Bewitched meets Bonanza. This must have been made in the fall of 1964 promoting the 1965 Chevy line. They appear dressed and act in character but use their real names. Elizabeth and Agnes appear about 2 minutes into the 5 minute clip. It is great seeing them in color at a time when the show was in Black and White. It shows how wrong they were when they colorized Endora's costume on the DVD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Hvk...elated&search=

Abner and Gladys for Chevy commercial

And here is the real Season 1 opening credits :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NL-R...elated&search=

This is a second season opening credits I think the copywrite says 1965:

Youtube is great. Its wonderful that people are willing to share what they got.
It shows that film exists that fans would love that could have been included on the DVDs and was not.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter

As much as I'm enjoying Season 4, I have to disagree that it was the best. The first and second seasons of the show had the best scripts, and would never be duplicated again.

That being said, I'll still be picking up the last of the Dick York shows when Season 5 is released.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I do agree that the First and Second Seasons had stellar scripts, but I think by the time Season Four rolled around everything else about the show like the sound and visual effects were top notch. And EM seemed to have really found who Samantha was.

Now I bolded a part of your quote as it occured to me that it's funny inasmuch as the later seasons, especially Season 8, DID duplicate scripts....well, not so much duplicate as just redo, and very poorly.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
You know David, your correct about that. Even while watching season 4, I'm noticing that the writers were starting to recycle some of the plots from the older shows.

But even so, it is a great show, and I am very grateful to Sony for releasing them in season sets!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Today is Agnes Moorehead's 106th birthday (though were she still alive she would claim it is her 100th birthday). I mention it here because my favorite BW episode of all time is because of AM and that episode is "Allergic to Macedonian Dodos" found in the Fourth Season.

This episode is simply brilliant on AM's performance alone. In it Endora loses her powers when she comes in contact with a rare baby Macedonian Dodo bird that she has an allergic reaction to. Endora without her powers is hysterical as she struggles to even lift a coffee pot the mortal way. The most brilliant is the scene with her and DY out on the patio when she says, "Durwood, help me!" And later when Samantha comes out there and Endora says to Samantha, "He hates me! I'll have to live out my life in a CLIMATE of hatred!" LOL I laugh EVERY single time I see that scene. If you haven't watched this episode yet, you must, especially today in honor of AM's birthday.

Another thing is if you haven't purchased the book "I Love the Illusion: The Life and Career of Agnes Moorehead" by Charles Tranberg, treat yourself for Christmas and do it! Or ask Santa for it! It is one of the best biographies I have ever read and really let's you see what AM was like.

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
I am thinking that Bewitched Season 5 will not be released until 4-6 months at least from now because there is not any information on it, no release date nothing. We were given at least a 3 month release date before on other sets. I am thinking that it will be at lease June before season 5 is here but who knows. I am hoping it will be released sooner because we have a while to go on this 8 season set and I would like to finish mine off soon. It looks though as it may take 2 years to have it complete they way they are going!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Hey, don't complain. At least BEWITCHED is making decent progress. LEAVE IT TO BEAVER is going to take 4 years if it doesn't pick up the pace in a hurry (and it only ran six seasons - not eight).

Gary "Sony is actually doing a good job with BEWITCHED and IDOJ" O.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Sony announced Season 2 on 8/15 for a 10/25 release, Season 3 on 1/9 for a 3/21 release, and Season 4 on 9/18 for a 10/24 release. So about 2 months and 1 week or 2 weeks ahead of time.

We should see the announcement of Season 5 in about 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks