What's new

Beware of StoreYourMedia.com! (1 Viewer)

Bepaof8

Agent
Real Name
Pete
I ordered a DVD Rack from StoreYourMedia.com but they send me a CD Rack. DVD's don't fit on 4 of the 5 shelves. I don't have any CD's. (I do have 477 DVD's!)

Anyway, the problem is that they will not respond to my phone calls or Emails. I am having to go through all the trouble of disputing the VISA charge. What a pain.

I thought I would post a warning here so no one else gets hooked by this web site. I wish someone had warned me!

Pete

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Really? I had very good luck with them. As a matter of fact they called me because i messed up on the CC number when i put the order in, online. They called like 15 minutes after i made the order. They are out of California if i recall, so it would have been 7PM their time that they called. It was good of them to call for the correct info, and to have started the ball rolling so fast! I got my DVD shelves in less than a week. Very nice, and at a good price!

Bepaof8

Agent
Real Name
Pete
If you messed up on your CC number, then it meant they wouldn't get paid. Kinda self-serving, right? In my case, they put through my charge right away. Once they had their money - whether or not I had received what I ordered no longer mattered. That's what my complaint is all about.

Thanks for responding, though. I did get the wrong shelves very fast!

Pete

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Has anyone had any recent dealings with StoreYourMedia? I'm moving soon and have been meaning to place an order to a nice Sparktak DVD shelf. I like how it looks alot, stores more than the DVDs I have, and the price is good.

But I found this post so now I am hesitant.

Or could someome point me to a comparable site with simular shelfs but better service? The one we like is.

http://www.storeyourmedia.com/1508-c...-5-colors.aspx

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I guess just me, last year or so. Like i said above, i had really good luck. One person with bad luck, one with good....what do you do?

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Well I have now found this site, and this alternative which is alot cheaper, but still about what i am looking for. Will hold all my DVDs, though in about 100 it would be full. But I could cross that bridge when I come to it. :)

http://www.racksandstands.com/Atlant...82-AL0187.html

Part of me doesn't wanna pay $300 for a DVD shelf like the one I posted above. I mean...it's a DVD shelf!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Think of it as furniture. My DVDs are in my movie room. I wanted it to look...classy, at least as much as it can. Mine is not unlike the shelf in your first link. The one in the second link looks like stuff i have seen from Best Buy or Suncoast. It does the job, but the shelves would be more likely to sag. Even with light weight DVDs, they sag. The particle board origans scream out at you!
Remember that it wont take long to fill em up. I would buy 2 of anything your looking at. I did, and i bet i have 100 more DVDs then last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks