What's new

BEWARE!!! 1stopplasma.com aka USA Wholesale Club (1 Viewer)

D445547

Auditioning
Real Name
Derik
Worst experience ever! I ordered a plasma TV from them 8/21/2006 and kept getting emails to call them and comfirm my order, the TV was a Panasonic TH-42PX60U 42" plasma for $1489 plus $269 shipping. After calling them back the guy said the screen overheated and he would have to sell me the 600 model for $500 more and would not stop bothering me about it. FYI I have researched this TV in detail and never heard of such a problem. Also when I ordered online the TV was in stock at their store. Finally I said I wanted a full refund since they could not provide me with the product I ordered. He said no and started talking about the 600 series TV again and told me not to be cheap. I again said I wanted a refund. He said he would charge me 10% cancellation fee. Obviously he was trying to bully me into spending another $500.
It was about now I got pretty mad, who wouldnt. He became verbally abusive with me and at one point he told me he was drunk. I asked to speak with the manager and he just put the phone down and picked it up again pretending to be the manager. When I asked for his name he said it was Al Kaida.....real funny. After I got upset with him he said my cancellation fee just went up to 20%. He also stated he was going to spread my a** open. This is an honest account of what happened on my call back on 8/22/2006 at 3:28pm pacific time AZ. DONT BUY FROM THEM!!!
I called my credit card company after hanging up on him and had a block put on my card, they didnt charge it yet.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Jeez! You should contact the BBB and get them added to the shit list so others don't fall victim to this type of harrassment. Thanks for the heads-up. Did he ever call back? Did the e-mails stop?

- Colton

D445547

Auditioning
Real Name
Derik
Thanks Eric L, that's actually where I got their address from whem I filed with the BBB. Nope not April 1, would have made some sense then.....

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Whatever prompted you to use this "company"? Was it price? I only order from companies with a solid reputation even if it costs more. If there is that big a price difference between retailers, I'd be mighty suspicious of the lowball one before I hit that place order icon. But this one seems exceptionally sleazy.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Kyle, that policy has been updated. REAL NAMES are still mandatory,
but now appear beneath an allowed nickname. See the forum feedback
are for more information.

Back on topic...

Absolutely disgusting the manner in which you were treated here.
Please be persistsant with the BBB. The faster this place gets shut
down the less amount of people continue to get harrassed and ripped
off.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thanks for posting this experience. Usually I'm careful but sometimes I'll be lured by a lower price. Good reminder about why it's best to pay a little more if you have to. PLUS, before you buy look the business of on the net for any info about horror stories like yours.

D445547

Auditioning
Real Name
Derik

Yes, it was price. First I researched and found the TV I wanted then went looking for the best price. This company turned up in one of the shopping searched like BizRate, though it was not them, I can't recall which one it showed up in.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
"He also stated he was going to spread my a** open."

Did you tell him that wasnt listed on the terms and conditions page of there website?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks