What's new

Better stop drinking those hand sanitzing gels! (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
"A person dumb enough to drink Minwax, bleach and paint thinners, or drive with a sun screen in place, is probably also too dumb to read. In that case, warning labels are a waste." -- Walter Williams

Maybe we ought to change the name from "alcohol," so these people won't be stupid enough to drink wood alcohol, rubbing alcohol, etc. For the latter, I propose "Rubbing Holy Shit, You Do NOT Want To Drink This!"

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'd prefer not to protect the dumb people any more than we already are. We have enough of them as it is.

Colton

Supporting Actor
You know, the whole idea of Escape From New York is sounding better and better every day. Let's just take a state and build a wall around it and dump idiots in it.

- Colton

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I know this should go in the commercials thread, but there's a new car commercial where they show cars driving on buildings. There is a disclaimer that says something like "Obvioulsy this is fantasy. Cars can't drive on buildings" :rolleyes

Come on! I want people to try and do this! I want some moron to drive off the roof of a parking garage, thinking his car can scale the walls!!! :laugh:

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
I remember reading a short story where the lead character hired his illiterate and very hard drinking enemy to transport a barrel of "alcohol" somewhere, not telling him that it was wood alcohol. Good concept, but I can't remember the name of the story or the author.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Sam Malone (to delivery guy): Damn it, I didn't say I wanted Sorghum...I said I wanted some more gum!!!

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt

Unfortunately, I think the real problem is that we destroyed the process a few generations back.:frowning:

PhillJones

Second Unit

"The Maryland Poison Center was called about a 49-year-old, usually calm prison inmate who was described as being 'red-eyed,' 'loony,' 'combative,' and 'intoxicated, lecturing everyone about life',"
Seems to me that the guy hadn't misunderstood anything. He got the effect he was after.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Idiots are one thing, but children get ahold of this stuff too. Labels wouldn't help to warn THEM, but at least a clearer warning might help to make adults more aware of an easily-overlooked danger, so that they might be more encouraged to keep the products out of reach or have them so that they're only usable with adult supervision. (And, as a health care worker myself, I do indeed encourage their use. We use them at work, and I have them all over my house...but there are rarely any children in my house, and never any without direct supervision.)

From snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/sanitizer.asp

According to the above item, the taste of Purell is "akin to a slightly flowery version of vodka." I can definitely imagine that attracting some desparate adults as well.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Kids like chocolate, they also make high tech candy (like plastic cell phones with candy inside), so should my Chocolat DVD have a warning label?? Won't kids eat the DVD, thinking it's chocolate?

Or does the Darwin rule not apply to kids? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks