What's new

Better Sound For a Small TV?? (1 Viewer)

Rebel Racing

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Hi Guys,

Pretty well have it sorted out for our basic home theater set up and a proposed sound bar for my parent's vacation place. Now, with all these plans, we are coming to the conclusion that our kitchen TV is really lacking in the sound department. It is a 22" Samsung LCD. At low volumes it really isn't bad but, when we are cooking and have it louder it is not good at all. Does anyone make a small bar for the small tv's? Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Does this Samsung 22" have an audio output?
In our kitchen resides one of these...
http://www.amazon.com/iLive-Portable-App-Enhanced-Speaker-Rotating/dp/B004VFH8TG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1351802546&sr=1-1&keywords=ilive+ipad+speaker
You could run the Samsung into something like that. It comes in handy as I'll send a recipe to the Ipad and listen to Spotify/Slacker at the same time. And we have Directv, so you can watch "some" live TV on the Ipad as well.

Rebel Racing

Agent
Real Name
Steve
O.K. that might be an option for us. I'd have to check what outputs it has. Does that speaker sound a lot better than the tv itself??

Thanks!!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Have no idea, but I would assume so. The Ipad "is" our kitchen TV...
It sounds much better than any of our computers(Acer laptop with Dolby Theater, HP laptop with Dre Beats and a 4 month old IMac)

Rebel Racing

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Originally Posted by schan1269 /t/324873/better-sound-for-a-small-tv#post_3996446
Have no idea, but I would assume so. The Ipad "is" our kitchen TV...
It sounds much better than any of our computers(Acer laptop with Dolby Theater, HP laptop with Dre Beats and a 4 month old IMac)
O.K. thanks!!

Rebel Racing

Agent
Real Name
Steve
UPDATE: After shopping around we finally decided a few weeks ago to try out a set of computer speakers and a sub from Altec Lansing. Found a set for under $35 and I have to say that we have booming sound in our kitchen now! Our biggest complaint before was trouble hearing the tv with the fan running while cooking--not anymore. We have much better and bassy sound from the little 22" than I ever thought we would. I have the 2 speakers tucked in behind the set and the sub is out of sight above the cabinets--they are totally hidden.

Thanks Guys!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks