What's new

'Better Off Ted' - Season 2 (2 Viewers)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Oh My God, I now love the show even more. I guess they made that for the internet or future dvd extras? They certainly know those insults would not make it on the air. The ones they did air now seem very tame. LOL

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Scott, I'm thinking there a possibility of a DVD-only bonus uncensored version of the episode. I saw the YouTube clip before the episode aired, so I was surprised they had such lame-o insults rather than bleeping the ones in the clip.

OTOH, they may just as well have shot it for shits and giggles. I've heard that a lot of on-set "bloopers" are actually set up and are not true outtakes.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna miss this show, it's one of the few shows that truly makes me LOL while I'm watching it, and you can tell the cast has a lot of fun with the material.

Loved the abusive language clip. Thanks for embedding that link for us.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
"Lust in Translation" was a great episode.

Loved Phil's voice on the translator!!!

And I also love "schmear" on my bagel.

Only 3 episodes left I think and I'll certainly be sad to see this show go. I never buy TV show DVD's but I may make a special case for this one.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams

The ABC suit who cancels this show should be stood at attention before a firing squad.
That might be a little extreme, but I get where you're coming from. I will seriously miss this show when it's gone.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
It is funny that they mentioned Dilbert. I think the feel of this show reminds me a lot of Dilbert for some reason.

I keep telling my wife its the closest thing to Dilbert on TV. I don't pay attention to the ratings, Thats too bad that its not doing well. It just gets funnier and funnier.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The biggest LOL for me was when Veronica referred to Phil & Lem as "glasses and mustache", to which Ted had to point out that Phil had neither glasses nor a mustache and Lem had both.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Other than the line, "It’s time for this fawn to strap on its machine gun, spread its wings, and fly" (which had me LOLing), it was a mildly disappointing episode. Even the Veridian Dynamics commercial was just okay.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I'll miss this show, the casting is just fab.

Has a cancellation been announced, or are you just resigned to the fact that its 1) A good show, 2) You like it and 3) the network hasn't really promoted it well so its inevitable that it will be canceled soon?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Hopefully it is not the case but it unfortunately it looks like BOT will not be renewed after this season.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Originally Posted by Parker Clack

Hopefully it is not the case but it unfortunately it looks like BOT will not be renewed after this season.
This makes me "100 and crazy percent" mad. Now I'm off to get me 200mL of coffee.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Andrea Anders was just cast in a new pilot with Matthew Perry. She's clearly covering her bases by doing that.

I adore this show, but it's over. I've been burned on a lot of ABC and FOX shows over the years and this is the latest to add to the list.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
No sign of new episodes on the horizon, but outside the supermarket there were some people promoting Viridian Energy and I just couldn't help but think of Veridian Dynamics. I was almost went to them and asked, "Aren't you the group from Better Off Ted?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks