What's new

Better football seats? (1 Viewer)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
Would you rather sit near midfield but in the nosebleed section, or in the lower level, 20 rows from the field but in the end zone?

My brothers asked me to buy tickets for an upcoming football game. Of course they say "It doesn't matter" which seats.

I can either buy the aforementioned end zone seats or the nosebleed seats near midfield.

Personally, I don't mind end zone seats, but apparently a lot of people do. For those who have attended many games, which of those two would be your preference?

Thanks.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
For me, it would depend on the teams. In general, I prefer somewhere between the 30s. However, if the two teams (or at least "my team") have good offenses, I don't mind the endzone seats.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I actually like sitting high up in the endzone so I can watch how the plays unfold. I don't really care for the view from the 50 as it entails too much neck twisting and bad angles for end zone action.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Team that passes a lot = endzone
Team that runs a lot = between the 30s

Nothing better than your team driving to win the game throwing into the endzone right in front of you.

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
I will not ever sit in the upper deck any more. All through high school, the athletic department had a contract with Univ of Alabama to sell concessions at Legion Field in the upper deck so I have spent too many hours in the upper deck to enjoy anymore. Also, at my ripe old age of 29, I just do not enjoy the upper deck at all anymore. Anywhere else in the stadium is fine.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
For me, I prefer the couch if I really want to watch the game :) being in the stadium (for me anyway) is all about the crowd, so I really don't care where I'm sitting.

Mort

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
As great as football (or any sport) looks in HD, it will never top the experience of actually being there in person.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
I'd rather have EZ seats every day than the upper deck....I've sat in both at Bryant-Denny in Tuscaloosa and you seem so far removed from the action and the crowd in the upper deck.

I've had season tickets for the past 5 years on the goal line in the northwest corner, 25 rows up and I love 'em! I have to rely on the jumbotron for the action on the far south end, but thats ok.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I've been to Bucs games with seats all over Raymond James Stadium (and the old Tampa Stadium). I have been an FSU season ticket holder since I graduated and attended as a student before that. I've been to games at several other NFL and college stadiums. Hih school games too.

TV, even HD quality, can't make up for the atmosphere of being at a game in person. Sure, you get the air conditioning and the mindless commentary of John Madden and the like, but you don't get a real feel for the game.

If it's the weather and distance from the playing field that bothers you, I recommend going to Arena Football games. They are a blast, the seats are great and it's always 72F....and I've been to more AFL games than NFL and NCAA combined.

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra

I totally agree. Your entire perspective of the game changes when you go see it live. You think these guys look fast on TV...check them out live.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning

Try going to a big time SEC rivalry game, participating in the pre-game tailgating and taking in the whole experience. I bet you'd change your mind.....it's fantastic.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
That's part of your problem. Go to a Packer game.

TV can't replace the atmosphere. I thought that was not true with Hockey until I saw an NHL game live. It's a completely DIFFERENT experience.

In Robert's case, I'd likely take the end zone but it depends on the stadium.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
The only thing that I don't like about attending football games in person are all the cameras blocking the view if you have seats at field level.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks