What's new

Beta testers wanted! (1 Viewer)

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Been working for a while now on a new version of MoCaSys (possibly a competitor to DVD Profiler, but probably not a threat to them :) ). It holds info about all kinds of movie releases, (DVD, LD, VHS, VCD, etc). Well, I'm gonna release version 3.3 now, and it'd be most helpful if a bunch of you guys wanted to try the beta.
Just like DVD Profiler, the movies are added from an online database, preferably by UPC/EAN. A movie that isn't in the DB can be added manually and uploaded. You movie collection can also be uploaded for show-off to the online DB.
If you're interested, drop me a mail at [email protected].
--Anders

Greg Rowe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg
Anders, your domain isn't setup properly. I can't email you. The bounce message is below.
Do you have a linux version of your software? I might be interested in testing it if you do.
-------------------------------------------------------
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
[email protected]
all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts:
it appears that the DNS operator for this domain has installed an invalid
MX record with an IP address instead of a domain name on the right hand side

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I sent you an email. But (stupid me) I didn't put a subject in...duh...haven't done that before.

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Greg, that's a bit strange, I've received a couple of mails today (although, the DNS was down a while during the day, I think). Could you try again, and also see if you can surf to Link Removed
I don't have a linux version yet, sorry. Might be one later though...
Mike, I got your mail, no worries.
Everyone who repliwed will be contacted withing a day or two. Thanks!
--Anders

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
possibly a competitor to DVD Profiler, but probably not a threat to them
If you could become the next Gracenote you would put them nearly out of business. :D Provided this is a web based or Mac enabled product I'm definitely be interested.
DVDProfiler could make a fortune if they just made their DB available to other programmers for a per client fee. I don't care for the application design of DVDProfiler, but I would be more than willing to pay 2-3 times the current shareware fee if they have would allow me to use my Filemaker and/or RealBasic DB to access the data.

Anders Englund

Second Unit
DVDProfiler could make a fortune if they just made their DB available to other programmers for a per client fee. I don't care for the application design of DVDProfiler, but I would be more than willing to pay 2-3 times the current shareware fee if they have would allow me to use my Filemaker and/or RealBasic DB to access the data.
Actually, my goal is to build a complete database of all releases, of all movies, on all medias. I probably will make it public too. If you want to do something for the Mac, drop me a mail and we'll discuss it.

--Anders

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
If you want to do something for the Mac, drop me a mail and we'll discuss it.
I'm just a poor med student now, though I had built one during my year off in the prior version of FMP Developer and RealDB that hoarded DVDExpress' perfect large DVD coverart images.
As of Monday, I have zero free time again. :D I'm sure that a complete DVD Database will draw many to your door though. Good Luck. We really need a DVDDB.
Tip: Don't schedule surgery during the summer. July 1 is when the 3rd and 4th years plus the residents start new rotations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks