What's new

Best Unintentionally Funniest Movie/Scene (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Ever found yourself watching a serious drama and busting out laughing because the acting was so bad or the scene simply just doesn't work?
Crow 2: City of Angels
- All I have to say is exploding palm trees.
West Side Story
- This is one of those movies I can take seriously and laugh my ass off on.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Planet of the Apes (1968) - You can talk about this film's social and political allusions all you want; the overacting of one Mr. Charleton Heston shatters whatever serious tone this film had.
First Blood aka Rambo Part One - Good film up until Sly's final monologue; to this day, I still can't make out half of what he says. Sly cries tears of pain during the scene; I cry tears of laughter.
(PS: anybody wanna guess how many posts it'll take before Jason Whyte chimes in with his choice of Druids? ;) )

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I know The Mummy isn't exactly the most serious drama out there but my friend and I just could not stop finding funny things about this film. I believe my favorite part is when Brendan Frasier and the others are in that jeep and driving through the mummy-infested streets. It cuts to a shot of all of the mummies walking slowly and all I could think about was "Cause this is THRILLER, thriller night..."

Brad_W

Screenwriter
In Bride of Chucky when that one guy gets hit by a bus. That's pretty funny.

I laugh more times than not at death and mayhem.

Am I sick?

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
There were quite a few scenes in Mission to Mars that I thought were laugh out loud funny. The soundtrack is so terrible, and it honestly made me and my buddy crack up. There is one scene in particular where they are walking about the spaceship in zero gravity and there is this haunted house organ music playing. It is so bizarre and stupidly misplaced that I was laughing out loud in the theater. What a terrible terrible movie. :eek:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Martin Landau's death
scene in The Majestic.
That one scene in The Haunting when Liam Neeson unleashes a furious spittle-shower and screams all over Catherine Zeta-Boobie.
Any scene from The Musketeer in which dialogue is spoken aloud.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I think its Rambo 3 when Sylvester is piloting the chopper and he looks at the camera and screams. Fall off my chair every time.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Some parts of 2001... "Come on Hal, it's getting cold out here! "I cannot do that, Dave." "Argghhh! Dammit, Hal, if you don't let me in, I'm installing some MS-DOS programs on you!" "Well...alright."

TimW

Agent
I think I'd go with a scene in The Omen 2 where the woman (forget her purpose) is attacked by a crow in the middle of the street. Along comes a semi and smacks her full on! The funny part is that they continue the shot by shooting a dummy like 30 feet through the air. It's just hilarious when you realize how fake it looks. :)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
My favorite accidental movie humor is when they try to glamorise computers. I can't help but laugh whenever they're "hacking the mainframe" or "accessing the database." Everything is in 3D, there are dozens of monitors all over the place, and people cheer and yell while typing "a-s-d-f-a-s-d-f."
Examples:
The Net- I don't remember this awful movie, but I do remember there was some amusing stupidity involved
Disclosure- Michael Douglas goes into a virtual database, where he almost falls off a "cliff." Fortunately, the database angel helps him out, until the Evil Demi Moore appears through the virtual wall.
Swordfish- How many monitors did Hugh Jackman need?

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
^Hackers...especially the final hacking. It's so cheesy. Also brings up Jurassic Park. When the girl is looking for that file it's like a 3D "My Computer" or something lol.

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
That didnt look like any Standard UNIX OS/application Ive ever seen...
Ive gotta say, being in the field (both by hobby and career) Computer BS has got to be my biggest pet peeve in movies...though I did find antitrust entertaining.
Swordfish- How many monitors did Hugh Jackman need?
Whats wrong with a lot of computer monitors? I use 6 here at the house :D
-D

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
1965's The Greatest Story Ever Told. If you've never seen it, watch the crucifixion scene, and look for the Roman centurion who says, "Surely this was the Son of God." Why, it's none other than John Wayne, speaking those famous words with that unmistakeable Western drawl in his voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks