What's new

Directors Best title sequence in a movie? (1 Viewer)

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
A few favorites of mine are all of the James Bond titles, Catch Me If You Can, and Spartacus. Cleopatra's title was pretty clever with the scene turning to a wall painting. And yes I do have an unhealthy obession with that movie. :b

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
All though not a good movie by a long shot, the first great title sequence that I immediately thought of was the one for Panic Room.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Any of the James Bond title sequences...

I really dug the DareDevil titles too...

And of course...SUPERMAN! :D

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Expanding to opening sequences...

My favorite would have to be Halloween, though it owes a lot to Black Christmas's POV stuff...I still prefer Carpenter's style.

Also, more recently, X2 and The Matrix Reloaded. The Nightcrawler opening in X2 completely blew me away.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Alien - the letters being revealed segment by segment
All of the aforementioned Fincher films
Charlie's Angels - Tone perfect intro
Not sure if this counts, but the intro of the Cowboy Bebop series always gets me
Repo Man - Something about the music, the map, all of it works for me
Signs - I didn't care for the movie because of the ending, but the title sequence was wonderful
Contact - quite the humbling opening, plus the transition to the start of the film is impressive

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I notice the popularity of title sequences for David Fincher films.

Personally, I've always loved the inventive and innovative title sequences used in Woody Allen films.

Mattias Stridsman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mattias
North by Northwest.

That one blew me away. The way the text moves, and the fade to the building. The music is also great.

Ryan FB

Second Unit
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Or should that be Mønti Pythøn lk den Hølie Grailen?:D

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
Raising Arizona... I love the way it takes about ten minutes until you get to them. The first time I saw it, I laughed my ass off, surprised when they finally ran the titles. I couldn't believe that they had not yet been run!

("My name is H.I. McDonough...")

Galen_V

Second Unit
The opening for Star Wars (A New Hope) gives me goosebumps every time I hear the music and see the letters scroll backwards.

Also, all 3 Austin Powers movies have hysterical title sequences. But my favorite?

Dr. Strangelove-you got to love the B-52's refueling and the hand written credits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks