What's new

Best theater/tv for my parents (1 Viewer)

bfackrell

Auditioning
Real Name
Brad
I'd like to purchase a home theater/tv combo for my parents but it needs to be simple...very simple :rolleyes: I'd also like to be able to remotely log in to it to help when they get stuck with something. Can anybody suggest some options?

Some features that I'm looking for:

1- one remote (they don't have a cable box so I'm hoping that this will be simple)
2- wireless internet
3- wireless speakers
4- 40" to 46" screen
5- Blue ray
6- either remote connection to the home theater or local network to their PC (I can remotely log onto their PC)

I think I can probably solve the "single remote" issue by purchasing a home theater/tv that are the same brand but the remote connection part seems to be difficult to find. When I search for ways to connect my home theater to my PC all that I get are ways to actually use the PC as a source for the home theater system.

Thanks
Brad

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Remote connection(like you think you want it) isn't even a feature. May not be for another 10 years. If then.

There are security systems that do this so you can see what the nanny is doing, while nobody else is there. But to do what you want is akin to "going on vacation and turning on the TV to entertain the cat".

But, maybe...Samsung SmarTV(and the Smart BD systems) have a way to "remote hack" an Ipad?

bfackrell

Auditioning
Real Name
Brad
schan1269 said:
... what you want is akin to "going on vacation and turning on the TV to entertain the cat"...
That is pretty much what I'd like to do. Just replace the cat with my parents ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks