What's new

Best Subwoofers (1 Viewer)

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton

Hi Tom,

Well, with 2500-3000W, at 1m, a single B-DEAP can peak to 140dB @1m. How low depends on how it is placed/loaded. It's a bit odd to stand at 1m and listen, and that's at the top end of the amp. Now what I was referring to was that standing in front of a stack like this at 1-2m would easily deliver the 140dB levels with program material:

The main issue is making sure the CD player is BEHIND the stack, as keeping it from skipping can become a problem. :eek:

With two amplifiers I have around powering that stack 140dB down to the mid 30Hz range is possible at 1-2m. Levels which should only be put to use by professionals (with earplugs) are available above about 40Hz from that stack and about 8-10kW of power.

So far as MN, no one yet, but someone has posted to our forum about a system we are helping him with where he will have 3 td1s for his LCR and a pair of DIY bass horns(LAB sub project designed by Tom Danley, our designer) which should be quite impressive in their own right. I may travel up to deliver those to check out the system, we'll see.

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton

Hi Allen,

I'll actually be a Fogo de Choa on Saturday... Plenty of restraunts to choose from around here though.:cool:

So far as bringing the whole foundation down, that all depends on the construction. At minimum, it is cool to be able to have a "touchless duster" like this for all of those hard to reach places. ;)

Don't joke about the seismic thing... Tom Danley had figured that a large stack of 32 of our BassTech7 subwoofers with about 400W each, would be able to set off all of the seismometers in the area. That said, 8 B-DEAPs set one stack of 4(above) in front of the other would ceratainly be able to do some damage as that still would be capable of about 130dB @ 10m (~33') from about 40Hz up. Oh yeah, you can point it where you want as well, since the pack of four is quite directional front to back.

In all seriousness, these are insanely loud levels, more than what you would typically see at an outdoor concert. 4 per side are enough to do the vast majority of large concerts out there.

Best Regards,

frothybroccoli

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron
I don't know how much help it will be, because I haven't heard too many subs, etc., but I know that I have a Velodyne DPS-12, and I absolutely am glad I bought it. I really think it was my best home theater investment. It kicks almost more than you need it when its only turned up a couple notches, let alone if you really cranked it up. So it may be biased because I have one, but I would definitely say look into Velodyne, because I am very happy with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks