What's new

Best subwoofer for under $500? (1 Viewer)

SCcobra4me

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ryan
Just seeing what some of you guys recommend here, I'm looking to spend around $500. Best Buy has a Klipsch SUB-12 that really impressed me and is on sale right now for $423.

Just looking for some opinions. I have a Cerwin Vega 300 watt 12" right now and it just doesn't quite cut it these days, looking for a little better quality. My room this will be in is 16x16 but is a fairly open room, connecting to foyer, dining, etc.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Hsu designed Outlaw Audio sub. Elemental Designs is a real bargain but the wait is a little long (each is custom built) but they come in any color you want as long as you want black. I would say Epik Subwoofers but they don't have anything in your budget. But they are a step up from the bargain subs.

Any sub from these companies will stomp all over a Klipsch sub. And Klipsch is no slouch but Deon (if that is the sub he designed) had to work within limitations. Price points, shipping size, saving space on storage. Internet direct is a better deal when it comes to subs.

-Robert

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I absolutely LOVE my SVS PC12-NSD. It was $499 but with shipping, it came out to around $540.
It's the cylinder model but they also sell a box shaped one - PB12-NSD.

Torgny Nilsson

Second Unit
Another recommendation for SVS (I have one of their cylinder subs). I don't think you can get a better bang for your buck in a sub. But, as stated, HSU and Outlaw also have well-respectged subs and both of them are also known to provide bang for the buck.

jakewash

Grip
Real Name
Jason L
Elemental designs has a couple of subs in this price range as does epik to add to the confusion.

steelers_geek

Auditioning
Real Name
LeRoy McCreery
I got the Outlaw LFM +1 Plus and love the thing! It was my first real subwoofer, as my first was a 10" JBL E150P. The Outlaw was and is a great purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks