Best Sound System for $1,000??????

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Gary_X, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Gary_X

Gary_X Auditioning

What's the best surround system for $1,000. I've had Bose in the past and have been very pleased. I'm in a new house with new decor and I need a white system. Should I go Bose again or is there something better?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Please get more specific.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

It's late, so I'll be brief and flame and get that oever with, and then hopefully this can more constructive than a regular Bose-bashing thread. (oh but i do enjoy the bose-flaming threads though [​IMG] )

Bose is way overpriced pieces of over-hyped crap. [​IMG]

Alright that's outta the way.

If al you care about is the color of the system.... then sound really doesn't matter, and get whatever looks best. We here (i anyway) try to get the best performance for the dollar, and the point of a stereo or ht audio system is the sound, not the looks. If looks are really a primary goal instead of sound, then there are still some options, like in-wall speakers that will give you good sound. Other small speaker systems exist that are far better than the bose. I really like paradigm, i think rocket has a little package coming out the mirage setup gets recommended. There are options out there.

And do a search for "bose" and do a little reading.

4. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Gary go to www.rutledgeaudiodesign.com and go to RAD Micros check them out. They are great sounding speakers and small. He can fininsh them in white or a wood look basically any color you want. I have them in black as my rears and they look sweet. Where state do you live in? If you want to spend a $1000 he could probably upgrade the sub. The system he shows is only $750. I have one of his big subs and it is awesome.

5. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Energy take 5.2s are a great looking, great sounding set of speakers.

That's a start

Bre t

6. Alex-F-V

Alex-F-V Stunt Coordinator

I second the take5.2... I have them and love them.
    They come in white, black, and a beautiful maple and silver (I have these and at no extra cost). They sound awesome and a great buy.

$900 For the speakers and the sub, worth every penny.

7. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

The Rocket ELT system comes in at $900 and is a fantastic buy at that price. It includes a 200 watt, 10” sub, four, 2-way satellite speakers (they go down to about 60 Hz) and a 3-way, four driver, center speaker that is really outstanding in its class.

I heard these in Dallas and they sound really good.

8. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

At this point it would be prudent to stop posting until Gary responds. Just asking what's the "best" "surround system" one can obtain for a grand is far too vague.

9. Gary_X

Gary_X Auditioning

Thanks for everybody's help. You've given me some great places to start looking.

Looks like I didn't have to get more specific, huh Jack?

This is "the basics" forum.....right?