What's new

Best shows NEVER to be given a shot :( (1 Viewer)

James Zubb

Stunt Coordinator
You only need to know three words for this thread:

Wong

Morgan

Apatow

The Others, Space: Above and Beyond and Freaks and Geeks are my most missed shows. They were great. Will soon be adding Undeclared to the list as well.

I would add Millenium but that did get a chance with 3 seasons and I only really liked the mythology episodes in the last season (Wong and Morgan). I agree with most of the other shows though not as big a loss as the three I mentioned.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Max Headroom was underappreciated at the time, but was the prototype "cyber" television show.
They screwed up by lying to everyone about how Max Headroom was really done.

1st it was some sort of super A.I.

Then it wasn't A.I., but graphically was done 100% real-time in the computer

Then it was really just some guy with a mask that a computer was tracking and rendering

Then it was just Matt Frewer with 4 hours of makeup on him.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I agree with My So Called Life. I only caught a few episodes but quite enjoyed it.
But I must say, after only a season or so that Men Behaving Badly was on the air and then axed I never laughed so hard watching a sitcom.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
SeaQuest DSV- great show even though it started to go downhill a little. I'd do anything for SeaQuest on DVD.

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Clerks: Animated Series was the best ever cancelled show. I swear I could watch these every day. You suck Disney!

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
One that hasn't come up in this thread is Probe, the Parker Stevenson genius, but socially inept, owner of a tech corporation who solved crimes in his spare time. Great stuff, actually, but was killed by the writer's strike that year.

Another vote for Brisco County, Jr, Cupid, The Tick, and Crusade. All great shows.

Jason

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I could almost fill a whole channel with the amount of cancelled tv-shows that I think should still be on the air. The Outer Limits, Night Galleries, The Twilight Zone, Dungeons & Dragons, Monsters, Tales from the Darkside, Get a Life, The Ben Stiller Show, The State, The Upright Citizen's Brigade, Amazing Stories, Wolf Lake, Kindred: The Embraced, Dark Shadows, Seinfeld, The Family Guy, Mysterty Science Theater 3000 (More on DVD soon hopefully), Liquid Television, Highlander, Iron Chef ( I think they stopped filming new episodes), Eerie Indiana, And many, many more I can't think of right now.

And the delightful "Colour Bars & Test Tones". What ever happened to that show? It used to be on almost every station real late at night.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Space A&B-I loved it, they cancelled it

Earth 2-Cliffhanger left wide open

Seaquest-It took a huge turn but i still enjoyed it

Crusade-Was gone before it even began

Chronicle-WHY? there highest rated original show and its cancelled

Nowhere Man-Boy that last episode was good. I wanted more

Batman Beyond-A Highly liked series taken off

Original Sliders-That move to sci-fi was horrid

Capt

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I would have to say TV Funhouse from Comedy Central.

A very perverted, sick little show that in it's 8 shows kept me laughing like no other show on television. It is gravely missed.

I really believe that the problem was the fact that most people had no idea what the hell the show was doing.

I long for a DVD release of this program.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Freaks and Geeks

Brooklyn South

Brooklyn Bridge

Equal Justice

Shannon's Deal

I'll Fly Away

Homefront

Nothing Sacred

Civil Wars

Brother's Keeper

The Gregory Hines Show

Phil L

Supporting Actor
EZ Streets- I still refuse to watch CBS over this

Crusade

Strange World

Strange Luck

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cory Pals
Crime Story on NBC

Twin Peaks on ABC

Crusade on TNT

Farscape AND Sliders on Sci-Fi

Thats it..... thats the list

CP

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Space: Above and Beyond without a doubt was one of the best Sci-Fi shows to air on network tv. Too bad FOX killed it. I am still waiting for someone to wake up and bring this series back. I was in college when this show was on and I had 3 vcrs triple tape the show just so I would not miss a single episode. Then BANG!!! It was gone. This was a truly tragic experience for me. I am still mourning.

djb

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Johnny Bego.

Wonder how many even remember that excellent show, IMO. It was on just for a summer and had great potential. Very funny stuff.

Futurama.

Sure it had a few seasons but Fox never gave it a chance and kept moving the show around or just bumping it all together. It was never given a proper chance.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Then it was just Matt Frewer with 4 hours of makeup on him.
Even now, no matter what role he's in, I keep waiting for him to start st-st-stuttering.
Anybody else remember the 1980s sitcom It's Your Move with Jason Bateman?

Neil Weinstock

Stunt Coordinator
I thought at the time Max Headroom was just about the best Sci-Fi I had seen on TV. I still have it as a wish list item on my Tivo just in case some channel starts showing the episodes. I can understand why it didn't last, though.

Somehow the ads for Sports Night never made me want to watch at all. Then, I thought I'd take a peek when they started rerunning it on Comedy Central, and became quickly hooked and amazed at how great a show it was. Sucks to start liking a series after it's already been cancelled...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks