What's new

Best setting NO SUB? (1 Viewer)

Fernalfer

Agent
Real Name
Brian
I have the Yamaha RX-V1700 i have brand new fronts and center and 2 new rear surrounds. I am awaiting my sub which is on pre-order.

What should at set my receiver at for a setting. LARGE? or SMALL?. What should the crossover be set it also? Because i obviously will be having no sub to output any LFE. I don't want to overload my other speakers with to much bass responsibility.

Any suggestions?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
If you set them to small, all the LFE will go to a sub.
If you set them to large, the LFE will distribute to the speakers that are set to large. Unless your surround speakers have good woofers in them, I'd just set the front speakers to large, and the sub to "OFF" or "NO", whichever terminology your receiver uses. Hope your sub comes in soon. :)

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
small/large affects bass in the main channels AND the LFE. Set all your mains to large. If you set sub to on, LFE will likely go to the sub and get lost, which you may or may not want to do (if you turn it up really loud and send a lot of LFE to your mains you might damage them). There will still be all the bass in the regular channels. If you set sub to off, LFE will probably be routed to your mains. I do not know though, you should consult your receivers manual to know what's going on exactly as receivers are different.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Set all your speakers but the mains to small, sub = none, and bass from all other channels will be redirected to your mains. It will work until you get a sub, but you'll want to be careful about your volume until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks