What's new

Best projectory under $1000?? (1 Viewer)

What is the best DLP projector under $1000? are there any? I was in love for the BenQ 8700+ and now the 7700. but that would be for my dads house. At my moms house, I gotta keep it with a tight budget. Any suggestions?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The Optoma H31 and Infocus 4805 are right about $1,000, and have gotten the best reviews. Read the article at Projectorcentral.com "Battle of the Budget Projectors".

Derek Bang

Stunt Coordinator
You might consider the Mits HC3. I just got one and I love it. In fact, I was able to order it online for $995, which included a 92" Dalite screen and progressive scan DVD player. The HC3 was almost my only option because I have only a 10' throw distance due to the placement of a bulkhead in my basement and the HC3 has one of the best short-throw capabilities I could find. I also wanted to be able to have some ambient light in the room, which this projector excels at. Picture quality is superb and colors are vivid. Only issue, which is common with LCDs, is that blacks are not truly black - more like "charcoal grey". Doesn't bother me but other complain. Your mileage may vary.

Edit: Ooops - should've read the question better - not a DLP projector. Give it a look anyways!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks