What's new

best prices on blu ray discs (1 Viewer)

dvdirv

Grip
Real Name
Irv Haas
Most of my Blu-ray discs come from Amazon. In late 2006 they were offering a deal where they would give you 10% off all high definition discs as long as you placed 3 titles on one order with their code HDDISC10.

Not only would you get 10% off that order, plus Amazon would give you 10% off all HD titles you would order during 2007 up to a spending limit of $5000.

I'm not sure if their deal is still current. You could always try the code and see if it still works.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Amazon extended the deal to the end of 2007, but it seems that it's only valid for those who had it in 2006.

Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Greg,

The code wasn't strictly necessary. Once you ordered 3 HD DVDs or Blu-ray discs (or a mix of those, and there were other "entries", like ordering a player) you got the deal.

So you could also try it that way: go through the whole process of ordering 3 HR discs, stopping just before the very last step (actually placing the order). That will show the discount if the system would grant it to you.
(Of course you could order anyway if you so like. :) )

But as I said: I don't think it will still be valid, even if it's worth a try, IMO.

Cees

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Cees, it doesn't work anymore. No 10% discount, and the code is expired. Too bad I didn't have the foresight to buy BD discs last year.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Sorry to hear that, Greg. Even if we already feared this to be true.

Cees

ericJed

Agent
I am now buying all my BD movies from Target.com , As they are cheeper then Walmart.com and most of what I am into. Amazon and Target.com are the same now I think.

ericJed

Agent
Im sure you know by now,but in case not...Amazon is having a 50% of MSRP sale on 48 titles. Sale ends March 27th.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Does Target.com have a better selection than there B&M stores because every time I walk into Target they have the same selection. It never changes, and they never seems to stock anything new.

Personally, I use either Amazon, or DVD Planet, when I have trade-in credit.

alarson5

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Larson
I personally order all mine online from 3rd party websites online for the best price's and selection. I have like 450 blu-ray discs that i bought for almost half price. My favorite site is Blu-Ray Deals because they have reviews and great prices. Check it out.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint

Which would be (in my experience) 100% of the retail store price in most places. I don't even order from Amazon anymore unless I can get the title below retail. I pick up 99% of my titles used locally for 25-50% retail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks