What's new

Best price on a decent HDMI to DVI cable? (1 Viewer)

BrianS

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking to connect my new Voom box to my smaller HD with HDMI to DVI since the Voom only has DVI. I was looking at Best Buy and was shocked to see these cable going for around 150 big ones! They only carry the Monster brand so I know a lot of that price is the name.

Anyone had any luck here finding good quality HDMI to DVI cables for a reasonable price? This is for a Philips tube HD so it is nothing fancy. Thanks!

BrianS

Stunt Coordinator
Oops...Sorry but I did not see the "Tweaking, Connections" section until it was too late. Moderator, please move if necessary. Thanks!

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Off hand I can't remember the name of the outfit that has them at a low price, around $20.00 but if you check under the "Incredible New Sanyo HDTV" over at www.avsforum.com you will be able to find it. The post is huge though so it may take some time to find the outfit.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I ordered one (6 foot for $20 + S&H) from STSI.com I haven't gotten it yet (ordered on Sunday), so I can't comment on the quality or anything yet.

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
on eBay there is a company called HDTV Supply. Pretty reasonable, takes paypal and ships same day....

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Seth, that's the outfit I was was thinking of :emoji_thumbsup: and from what I understand people who have bought this cable from them are pretty happy with the results.

BrianS

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the links & opinions! I went ahead & ordered the $20 gold plated cable from stsi.com since some of you mention good reviews. $20 is much easier to swallow than $150!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks