Best price for SPEED RACER?

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Robert Floto, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

I have a problem... I wanted to pick up a copy of Speed Racer for each of my two nephews. They are car freaks, and at just the right ages to love this series like I did when I was that young. I saw that DeepDiscountDVD.com had it for $12.22 so I ordered a couple of copies to take with me when I fly from L.A. to Pennsylvania to see them on May 20th. It usually takes quite a while to receive my orders from DeepDiscount, but I figured I had plenty of time...

Well, I have now been informed that Speed Racer is on back order, but they think it will ship on May 12th!! There's no way I will receive it in time to take with me on my trip, so I need the best place to purchase these discs (online or B&M) for a decent price (as my trip is costing me enough as it is).

Help!!!

Also, sorry to print my whole long story...but it feels good to get it all out...whew. :b

2. Jeff Meyers

Jeff Meyers Supporting Actor

I picked up Speed Racer last week at Costco (Corona, CA) for $14.99. They had plenty of copies in stock.

FYI - Cool outet jacket / sleeve made of rubber formed like tire tread.

3. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

Picked mine up at Target for $14.99. I would say spend an extra 2 bucks and visit CostCo or Target.

4. John Millers

John Millers Stunt Coordinator

$12.98 at my local Walmart

5. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

Thanks everyone! My Best Buy has it for $14.99 as well (though they are sold out). I'll give Walmart a shot, otherwise I'll hit Target.

Thanks again!

6. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I STILL haven't been able to find this anywhere in my area, except for the stores that sell at full-price (Virgin & Suncoast). There seems to be some sort of distribution problem on this title here.

7. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

I believe it was $12.99 at my local Best Buy on Friday, with plenty of copies.

8. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer
    Supporter