Best place to buy X-Files by Christmas?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by larry mac, Dec 7, 2003.

1. larry mac

larry mac Stunt Coordinator

My wife watches x-files re-runs on cable a lot and I just realized the 1st season DVD would be a great Christmas gift. What would be my best option for price AND getting it by Christmas?

thanks, lm

2. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

Northamericandvd.com has some excellent prices on the X-files sets. In fact, excluding seasons 1 and 5, I've bought every one of my X-files boxsets from them. Sometimes the shipping drags (The last one I order took about 13 days IIRC). Other times it's pleasantly speedy (I got Season 8 in a week). So as prices go, NADVD is your best bet though you may want to check out their shipping estimates.

3. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Total Action Universe, which is based in Canada is pretty good price-wise, although you may be cutting it close with shipping before the end of the year.

4. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Since Season 1 has been out for awhile, you might be able to find a good deal on ebay. Just check with the shipper beforehand to see if they can get it to you in time.

5. larry mac

larry mac Stunt Coordinator

What's the deal with these cheap Chinese DVDs? $99 for seasons 1 thru 7 (54 discs). I think they are being shipped from Hong Kong.

6. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

At that price, they're no doubt bootlegs.

7. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

You can usually find inexpensive genuine R1 X-Files sets on half.com. Look for sellers who say it is the original US region 1 version--anyone who doesn't say so is probably selling Chinese boots--and who have a good feedback rating. I've gotten most seasons that way for $50 or less, still in shrinkwrap, with zero problem. You just have to be careful who you're dealing with.

8. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    The easiest, cheapest place to get box sets is Costco. If I find a cheaper price via the net, the few dollars I save is not worth the hassle if any of the discs are defective or the long wait for arrival. And they do carry the X-Files.

9. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    Take my word for it. If that's what your wife wants, at this late date, go buy it locally, and forget about saving every last cent.(by the time you pay for the express shipping to get it there by Christmas, it might cost you as much anyway) Your wife's pleasure is worth far more than the few bucks you might save. Also you'll have peace of mine knowing it's under the tree and that you won't have to worry weither it will arrive in time.

10. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    If you have the option, any of the warehouse clubs (Costco, Sam's, BJ's) would likely have the best B&M prices. I think they're usually $95-99 per set.